IGNORED

Lord of the Rings Discovered! (continued)

Albert

Thanks, I just updated my page with all this info, along with a solution for the easy version (has anyone ever beaten the game at the expert setting?)

That's strange how the Legolas graphic isn't coded next to the others (no wonder I couldn't find it - there's nothing else around it!)

Btw, have you had a chance to figure out that Telepathy graphic?

[ 12-21-2001: Message edited by: Scott Stilphen ]

Again, some more info:

There seem to be no positive effects of whistling. I just increases (+1 every second) the agressiveness (speed?) of the ring wraiths.

The difficulty switch also sets this agressiveness (36 or 66).

The agressiveness is increase massive by night (+64), reduced at the morning (-63), and slightly changed over the day. In total it is increased by +13 each day.

The value is copied into another variable where it is limited to 127 before is used further for the ring wraiths attacks.

So, the longer the game lasts, the more agressive the ring wraiths get (up to an upper limit).

But in theory (with a lot of whistling and after some days) you might wrap around the agressiveness at 256, so the ring wraiths may attack by daylight more than at night. (I think this is a potential bug.)

BTW: The maximum wounds are stored at $1c3a.

quote:

Originally posted by Thomas Jentzsch:

Before it get's lost due to the MB problems:

We're not planning on anything else getting lost due to MB problems. For those familiar with Linux, the previous problem was due to hitting a group storage quota wall, which has since been removed. User quotas had already been removed for the message board software, but unfortunately I didn't realize there was also a group quota set. So we should never run into that same problem down the road..

..Al

• 2 weeks later...