IGNORED

Quadrun Please :-)

Joel D. Park

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. On my day off I got a chance to evaluate my 2600 collection. It looks like If I can pick up Quadrun somewhere, it's going to actually be possible for me to have every rare Atari brand game that was released in the U.S., though a few are PAL copies of Super rare NTSC versions.

Anyone want to give me or sell me a quadrun?? Or know where I can pick one up. I'm watching ebay, but they show up very rarely.

joel man keep smilin it might be a while before you see one come up on ebay. i think the last Quadrun on ebay period was a fake copy one (which was listed as a fake) and sold over 150.00 . i dont know any who will give away a Quadrun. stranger things have happened thou. :-P if you get a source wher you can get a Quadrun let me know too

quote:

Originally posted by ATARIPITBULL:

Don't forget that about a year ago, a person was selling a complete in the box quadrun, in mint shape, on Ebay but the opening bid was $1000.00, and as far as I can remember, no one bid on it.

I don't understand why people put such high opening bids on items. If they're worried about getting a minimum amount for the item they're auctioning, then they should set a reserve price at that amount and then start the bidding at a dollar. At least then people will bid on the game and you can get a feel for what people are ultimately willing to pay. Who knows, maybe it would have gone up to $1,000.

..Al

no, man, sorry. i am totally broke at the moment ..... selling a lot of stuff at ebay.

if you need cash, make some nice pics and but it up on ebay. i am sure it will bring you good money.

as far as i know best hasn't done more than 1000 carts of any of these 'protos'. i was told most of these are regular production boards that were produced in quantities between 1000-10000 boards. and best hasn't become all of those, only hundreds of them.

there was a xevious proto that just went over 300$ recently ....

some baught it for 30$.

maybe you're lucky ...

greetings

fish

quote:

Originally posted by El Destructo:

*remembers buying Quadrun, complete in the box, from an odd-lots store for $5 in 1991*

*remembers promptly trading it away because "the game was boring"*

*kicks self yet again*

Wow, I think that beats me selling off my Cubicolor (barely), only because I made $125 on the auction...

Doh!

-le geek

quote:

Originally posted by marty:

Joel, good luck getting a Quadrun. I think half of this message board is looking for a Quadrun.

I can't say I have any interest in paying that kind of money for an Atari game, no matter how many carts I buy, none of them seems to come close to Video Olympics so I've really slowed down my game collecting.

(that said, If I see a boxed Activision - pic label, that I dont have, I do go a bit nuts )

i payed 50$ for a mint bumper bash recently. for me at the moment, it's a lot of money , also for 'normal' people not understanding why you by that old cartridge anyway .... while most here are gonna say "cool, that's cheap". it always has two sides.

and we (gamecollectors) are definitely not normal people

so we don't need to worry about that point

we only have to make sure we don't put our financial situation in danger with buying too much or single unafordable items ....

all those collectors that are not atheists, pray for us all we'll always have some cash flowing ...

and maybe that ebay doen't raise their prices higher and higher

sometimes its good to separate from an item in a trade, as long as you know it will reappear a few times and you'll have the occasion to grab that item again for your collection.

if that way, you get something that never appears in your area then you can't go wrong.

dad got that after seeing waht his items he bought me are worth hes like its a CULT. im like oh yes we are after you BOOOOOOOOOOO!!! lol. im cruel maybe this is why God never gave me a brother or sister. could be . but he is starting to notice things he got me a collection of a MINT boxed 2600 for 9.00 that is being sold on ebay for 275.00 he cant believe it but he gives it to me

quote:

Originally posted by El Destructo:

*remembers buying Quadrun, complete in the box, from an odd-lots store for $5 in 1991*

*remembers promptly trading it away because "the game was boring"*

*kicks self yet again*

*remembers buying Quadrun direct from the long-defunct Atari Club back in 1984*

*remembers liking the game JUST ENOUGH to keep it -- "Hey, it's the only Atari 2600 game with voice synthesis!"*

*has been patting myself on the back for keeping it ever since the early '90s.*

Still have the manual, but I never EVER kept the boxes, alas.

I knew I had something special a few weeks ago, when my bandmate asked if I had "Quantum" for the Atari 2600. I said, "You mean, Quadrun?" He says, yes -- he saw it on "Antiques Roadshow," and apparently it's worth $500. He gained a lot more respect for my Atari collection ever since that episode aired!