IGNORED

Has anyone heard of these games?

sly

Here is the catalog page he speaks of.

Here is the Secret Agent prototype.

There is an A-Team prototype featuring Mr. T from Atari, but that's all I know of.

Smokey Bear I don't know any more about.

Mr. Bill's Neighborhood "supposedly exists", but we've never seen any proof.

The Mr. T that MattyXB has doesn't have anything to do with the Data Age Mr. T. (that I know of).

[ 12-30-2001: Message edited by: Alex ]

Secret Agent was a prototype game that was never released... Rom's of it can be found on the internet in various places. A friend of mine actually found one of the prototypes of this game (Don't ask me how it ended up in Winnipeg).

As for the others, I've never heard of them. There was a Mr. T game in the works by Atari, but it never came out either.

--Zero

I think you mean this page. Or does linking to specific pages not work properly?

I'd like to say the fact that these were advertised makes it likely that there's a prototyle somewhere.... but these don't even have screenshots, so I'm doubtful (Although Secret Agent is around, so don't give up hope on these being found some day)

--Zero

quote:

Originally posted by Alex:

Mr. Bill's Neighborhood "supposedly exists", but we've never seen any proof.

It was mentioned in a CES report (June 1983?) from _Creative Computing_; the same article mentions Dumbo's Flying Circus (Atari) and some other ultra rare but released stuff, like the Compumate keyboard.

It's not clear from the article if a proto was shown or just an announcement was made. I don't think the other Data Age games were mentioned.

My copy is in storage 2500 miles away or I'd give a better reference. Anybody want to make a library visit?

First the Mr. T I have has nothing to do with this one from Data Age. This is only a german company for that game Fast Eddie. The game Der moderne Ritter is Fast Eddie too. And if you live in germany you get this game easier then in other countries.

Where I get Missile Command 1991? I don't know it exactly, because I have 3 diffrent Lable from this game (one with 1991). Maybe from a fleamarket here in germany.

quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Marcinowski:

Weren't 50 Secret Agent protos sold at this past year's CGE fiesta or were they just copies? I saw a few of them up on E-bay shortly after the Expo.

They were just copies, although that didn't stop people from snatching them up. The ROM for it was even available before the show, which just goes to demonstrate that you could put just about anything into a cartridge and people would snap it up.

..Al