IGNORED

Simultaneous two-player games for the 2600?

Adriana

Is there a list anywhere of all the cartridges for the Atari 2600 that can be played by two (or more) players simultaneously? I'm hoping for a list similar to the one in the FAQ that lists all the games that use the paddles.

My girlfriend and I have been doing a lot of home videogaming lately, and we want games where we don't have to wait our turn! Games like Othello and Checkers count as playing simultaneously, but Space Invaders and Pac-Man obviously don't. Any lists handy? Or can someone make one? Hell, this should be added to the FAQ!

Actually you can play Space Invaders together. One person controls the gun and one fires. Also dont they have a game variation where both guns are on the screen at the same time?

Many of the early games have 2 player at the same time. Football, Outlaw, Combat, Space Wars, Etc...Etc... Some have 4 player (Warlords, Video Olympics)

P.S.If you are playing with your girlfriend I would suggest playing strip Atari. I'll leave the rules up to you.

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: moycon ]

Here are the 2-player simultaneous Atari games that are played most often in our house:

Sky Diver

Flag Capture

Surround

Ice Hockey

Video Olympics

Boxing

Combat

Freeway

RS Tennis

RS Volleyball

Warlords

Dodge'em (game #3)

Basketball

Bowling

Steeplechase

Space Invaders (game #33)

Indy 500

Sprintmaster

Star Wars: Jedi Arena

Track 'n Field

Wizard of Wor

Have fun!

Thanks for all the suggestions... I realized Quick Step by Imagic also allows for simultaneous two-player action. Perhaps I'll just compile a list myself -- but any other suggestions are greatly appreciated!

It's a shame most of the simultaneous two-player games are those early suck-ass old-school cartridges. Sorry, but Street Racer and Video Olympics really doesn't do it for us!

Here's a query I just threw together that allows you to see all the two player games for the 2600. This won't show you all the two player simultaneous games, but at least you can see which two player games are out there and it might help to jog memories. We'll have to integrate this query into the site, but there are a few other things I want to do with it first.

Also, keep in mind that we don't have "Number of Players" information for every game, although certainly for most of them. If you see any we're missing and you can provide that info, please let us know.

Atari 2600 Games by Number of Players

Enjoy!

..Al

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: Albert ]

Frogs N Flies. Frogs N Flies. Frogs N Flies. Frogs N Flies. Frogs N Flies. Frogs N Flies. Frogs N Flies. Frogs N Flies. Frogs N Flies. Frogs N Flies. Frogs N Flies. Frogs N Flies. Frogs N Flies. Frogs N Flies. Frogs N Flies. Frogs N Flies. Frogs N Flies. Frogs N Flies. Frogs N Flies. Frogs N Flies. Frogs N Flies. Frogs N Flies. Frogs N Flies. Frogs N Flies. Frogs N Flies.

Just thought I would mention G.I. Joe - Cobra Strike as being one of the rare 1 to 3 player games--I did not see it on the 'Games by number of players list'--it's weird.one player uses the joystick and the other two use paddles...