IGNORED

Atari DOS

Hi, I have an XEGS and I just got a 1050 drive, with no documentation. I've looked around but I cant seem to find what I'm looking for, which is quite simply : how do I save a program in Basic to a floppy disc? I totally forgot how to use DOS on my atari, its been so long.....

There's a good reference book about Atari Basic here:

http://www.atariarchives.org/basicxl/

In Basic to save a program you have to a formatted disk with DOS files on it that you booted at startup (that's a disk with dup.sys and dos.sys on them). You can format that with the files on them ahead of time in DOS.

To save a program you then just :

SAVE "D1:yourprg.bas"

where D1 is your 1st disk drive, you can also just use "D:" if you want to.

To Load the program back from the disk:

Load "D:yourprg.bas"

Thanks, i have those books, but they still don't quite help. OK, I formatted a disk and saved it however how can I list the contents of the disc to see whats on there? Do I have to go to the dos menu? I'm using DOS 2.05. Also, how do I get the dos.sys and dup.sys files on a disc? I formatted one but they don't seem to be on there?....

Thanks, i have those books, but they still don't quite help. OK, I formatted a disk and saved it however how can I list the contents of the disc to see whats on there? Do I have to go to the dos menu? I'm using DOS 2.05. Also, how do I get the dos.sys and dup.sys files on a disc? I formatted one but they don't seem to be on there?....

Yes, you have to use the menu to view the directory.

"I. FORMAT DISK" will create a non-booting data disk.

To add DOS.SYS and DUP.SYS use "H. WRITE DOS FILES"