IGNORED

Arcade 1984 video

Dr Galaga

I have to say that even though I'm not a Journey fan (and wasn't in the '80s either) that's still a very good choice for the music. It's certainly the kind of thing that got a lot of airtime in the '80s and hey, Journey even had their own arcade game.

-S

Interesting story behind that game. Apparently the designers wanted to original have a camera take a picture of the player and place their head on the game character. But during the test runs some ingenious arcade goers got the bright idea to use a chair and ummm take a photo of something else. :roll: 8) :o

Dude, it's Journey's Stone in Love... It's a perfect 80's tune!  But like everybody says, it all comes down to taste...  Some like journey some don't..  

(How you couldn't I have no idea)  :)  

Now I need help locating a MAME video...  There was one released several years ago, with the same style as this one, where the video starts out in front of a neighborhood arcade that has been closed down for years... Next your travel back to when it was open and alive with upright video games... The music they used with that one was by the STYX 'The best of times'.  Anyways, if anyone knows where I can download that video again, THAT was awesome as well!.

Let me know if you've seen it or not and what you think of it if you did! - D

i have it. if you didnt find it yet, let me know, abd i will send it to you

Awesome!

Thanks for sharing!

I dunno about people carrying around video camera's.

We had one back then where you had to carry around the tape unit and the big ass camera, the fact the whole set-up was like $2,000 sealed the fact I wouldn't be able to borrow it. Too bad.

Would be cool to see home video of an arcade, surely some kid had a birthday party at an arcade at some point in history.

In any case, Cassidy Nolen mentioned the movie Joysticks, also check out the flick Nightmares. The story titled Bishop Of Battle takes place in an arcade. I probably watched that 20 times when I was a kid.

Has anyone messed with the MAME front that allows you to design a 3-D arcade complete with games you have ROMS for?

A buddy showed this to me awhile back.

Personally I'd rather just have a list to choose from because it's quicker, still it's VERY cool and it reminds me of this video. You can actually wander around an arcade of your own design kinda like if GTA had an arcade.

If you want more information check out:

http://3darcade.mameworld.net/

Click on the arcade link to the left and there will be short movies of the frontend in use. If you havn't seen this, it's very cool.

Halright Kenfused! You are the MF'in MAN! That is definately the one... See if AL will let you upload it to AA so everyone can enjoy it, and not bog down your personal PC...

BIG THANKS AGAIN! Now I don't have to dig through hundreds of CDs... Later! - D

BOY AND GIRLS, now THIS brings back memories!

I think I prefer the arcade84 to arcadehi. games seem a little more animated. I also have an .mov version of arcade84 that came out just before (or at the same time) as the mpg version. It lets you turn off and on the music but leaves the sound effects on. I think it looks a tiny bit better also.

I dunno about people carrying around video camera's.  

We had one back then where you had to carry around the tape unit and the big ass camera, the fact the whole set-up was like $2,000 sealed the fact I wouldn't be able to borrow it. Too bad.  

I've seen those rigs, they are pretty funky to see in an age of Handycams.

I'm surprised anyone even bought them for home use when Super 8 was

still quite viable in the early 80s until Hi8 took over. Problem with those

old film stocks is that the were pretty slow and I bet arcades would be

took dark to get a good image. Too bad because the colour in my familes

home moves are amazing. Much more lush than what we get from mini DV.

My only real complain about this video is that the arcade is empty. My

memories really associate the crowds and the lineups for the hot new

games.