IGNORED

My love for "Ms. Pac-Man" is back!

King Atari

For awhile there I thought of "Ms.Pac-Man" as 'inferior' to "Jr...", and therefore didn't play it much. However, today I finally got my JR to work right (it needed to be on channel 2), and I quickly grabbed the first game laying around. You guessed it, it was "Ms...". I played a good long game, and I now enjoy the game again, like I once did. I love that little end movie, too.

The Ms. is the one. I remeber getting that game new as a kid and being late to class because I got to a new high level after my Mom left for work. Those were the days.

In an unrelated and irrelavent direction:

Did any of you happen to catch this week's Futurama? They had a spoof of all the 80's game charachters. When Pac Man dies, Ms. Pac runs over and starts crying.

The Space Invaders part with the RUSH tape in the walkman is priceless. The alien general learns that his ships are being destroyed, so he gives the order... "Drop Down, Speed Up, and REVERSE DIRECTION!" That killed me (guess I do not watch very much tv).

Cassidy

quote:

Originally posted by Cassidy:

Did any of you happen to catch this week's Futurama? They had a spoof of all the 80's game charachters. When Pac Man dies, Ms. Pac runs over and starts crying.

No, I missed this and neither of my TiVos are hooked up right now so I don't have a copy of it. I must see this episode, I'll have to look on Morpheus to see if I can find it online somewhere.

..Al

I can remember when I heard there was going to be a Ms Pac-Man out for the 2600. Right away I had this vision of the crappy 2600 version PacMan only with a bow...Boy was I wrong. At the time Ms P was one of the must own carts on the Atari. Great graphics, Better sound.... What a game!

Plus she's cute.

quote:

Originally posted by King Atari:

Right on! I do the mini-revies there.

That's right. My bad. When are you gonna do more of them, they are good. And are you going to add more stuff to your profile? The site is really buzzing

And to stay on topic, Ms. Pac-man rules! My fav bonus item is the pretzel and the pear. I hate the banana.

How could you hate the banana? It's 5000 points!

The worst games of Ms. Pacman are the ones where you get to the higher stages (when the fruit generates randomly) and all you get are lousy cherries and pretzels... You could clear several stages and not get as good a score simply because of that

quote:

That's right. My bad. When are you gonna do more of them, they are good. And are you going to add more stuff to your profile? The site is really buzzing

More were just added recently. I'm also working on a Top 50 best games for the 2600 list, which almost ready, just a little more revising. My profile? I'll probably add more stuff later. BTW, I liked your review of the adult games in the newsletter. "Please don't think less of me Stan" was hilarious.