IGNORED

Need some good reccomendations

Uncle Duke

Sentinel does require a light gun, you can get one through Best Electronics. Defender II requires 2 joysticks, not sure if you knew that or not.

Games you might like:

Lost Luggage (A lot like Kaboom)

Fire Ball (A game like Breakout)

Space War is fun with two people

I personally like adventure type games,

Pittfall

Pittfall II

Mountain King

Montazuma's Revenge

Frankenstein's Monster

The way I started to collect games was whether or not I liked playing them regardless of rarity. So you might want to get yourself an emulator and play a bunch of to see what you like playing.

You might like Off the Wall--an interesting break out clone released well after the NES had come out.

Double Dunk...sucks? My all time favorite (notice the character at the left...comes from that game). Understandable, not everyone likes it as much as I do...Just curious--why do you feel this way about the game?

Night Driver is a great paddle game.

You might try adventure, which I think is just beyond awful but 90% of Atari fans love.

Haunted House is different, but a bit difficult at first if you don't have the manual.

Centipede/Millipede are both excellent.

If you like paddle games, how about Demons to Diamonds or Video Olympics?

Midnight Magic is good.

Have you played Combat? Hate to admit it , but even after 20 years the Tank pong version is pretty cool, actually...but the planes/jets aren't worth your time in my opinion. But the tanks...now that's fun.

Ms. PacMan is a fun game.

Do you like driving games? Pole Position rocks.

Robot Tank/Battlezone are great games.

Activision's Space Shuttle game is good if you've got the manual and about 45 minutes. It actually involves flipping switches on the Atari 2600 during the game, just like on the real space shuttle. Very ingenious. And the return to Earth/landing sequence/glidescope is one of the most challenging things I've ever experienced in a 2600 game.

Oh, I almost forgot...GRAVITAR and PAC-MAN JR!

These are two of the better games released late in the 2600's life. Both games, IMO, play better on the 2600 than they do in their arcade forms due to a simpler, more efficient control scheme.

Definitely check these games out. Emulate them first if you need convincing!!

Well I do have an emulator, thats what I have been playing the last couple of years untill I finally got my real VCS. Im not real new to the games, but by which games to reccomend I meant games that were good, and easy to get the carts, and stuff I had never thought to try before. Sorry I should have stated that. But I havent played alot of the games mentioned and I will try them.

The reason I didnt like double dunk was because it was pretty choppy and confusing. I dont know, I guess if I sat down and played it a while I might get used to it, but I am just not a big 2600 sports fan. I have played Adventure before, its not the best I have played before, I thought it was pretty dull and I kept losing my sword, and other items in the walls...

A lot of the games I think you should buy, other people have already said, but you still have to have Raiders of the lost Ark, Centipede, (Buy the roller ball controller to play it, its much more fun), Super Cobra is fun, Wizard of Wor & James bond 007 just to name a few, but you have around a 1000 games to try to see which ones you like the best. (Good Luck).

Hey everyone! Since I finally got a 2600, I only have had one problem. I only have 6 games, which are RealSports Soccer, which is probably the best game I have, even though I am not a big fan of sports games. Space Invaders, not a big fan of side to side shooters. RealSports Tennis, this one is allright. Double Dunk, I honestly say this game sucks. Defender II, truthfully not as good as the first. And last but least, Sentinel, this game is beyond me, cant figure out what to do... So anyone have any good reccomendations of games that you think I would like? I like games like Super Breakout, Berzerk, both TRON games, and Warlords. (used to have Warlords, probably somewhere in my house but I cant find it anywhere...) I dont like the side to side shooters like Space Invaders, probably one of my favorites is Asteroids. So if you guys got any suggestions let me know.

P.S.

I love paddle games, especially multiplayer ones.

Well if you like Paddle games..then you aren't complete without Kaboom!

Also for multiplayer paddle like I highly recommend Indy 500, but that actually uses the driving controllers which while physically similar they do use different potentiometers inside them. Basically the driving controllers allow a full 360 degree turn of the paddle versus the 240 or so of the real paddles.

For space like games...I don't know what else your interested in...but you might want to check out Starmaster, or Star Raiders, or even Solaris. For arcade conversions most would agree that Centipede, Millipede, Ms. Pac-Man, and few others are really good to have.

Let us know more your style of game you prefer and one of us or many of us are bound to give you some ideas.

Welcome back to the world of Atari!