IGNORED

HSC Season 2 Week 13: Solaris

Ze_ro

As for your Federation planet problem in the lemon-lime quadrant.  You don't have to destroy your own planet, but you do have to strike fast.  Enter the quadrant from above, and immediately head for the wormhole, get there as fast as you can, before the zylon ship attacks the federation planet.  Once through the wormhole, wait for the zylons jump to the planet, rush to the zylon planet, pick up your stranded people, then get off that planet fast.  Now race to save the Fed planet.  If the Fed planet is saved you will be able to leave the planet in any direction, meaning you can escape, but in any other instance you may only exit the planet from the quadrant you entered it from.  This is how I do it.

Hope that helps!

I think I need to alter my paths. See I was coming in from the North. Seeing how it is only one sector wide of path to the wormhole, and in the way of the worm hold is the Zylon fleet & attack groups, I would have to kill them in order to pass. Then I had nothing left to attack my base if I did that way. Looking at the maps I think I should be able to come in from the South, & then I could try that techinque.

Well still no 100K for me yet. Getting closer though:

post-43-1113875159_thumb.jpg

YES! I made it to the second set of maps! Woo Hoo! But man it gets tough after that. I was doing ok, but as I was trying to rescue that first planet in the new sector, I accidentallty shot my docking bay and then everything went to crap.

Ah well, nice to know I can still get there. I actually devised a path so that you NEVER have to fight a Cobra armada at any point during the first 8 screens. That makes things MUCH easier since they tend to gobble up at least 3 of my ships per encounter. I was able to collect 4 extra ships and keep them, up until I reached the new set of sectors.

This will probably be my last game this week, as time is short, but I am very glad I got time to jump in on this one, I love Solaris!

:)

post-409-1113883505_thumb.jpg

Game Over!

Looks like Robert M proved he's the best Solaris player around the forums after all! I hope you all had fun with Solaris... join us again for the next HSC game: Keystone Kapers!

(I'm a little short on time at the moment, so scores will be updated when I get home from work)

--Zero

Game Over!

Looks like Robert M proved he's the best Solaris player around the forums after all! I hope you all had fun with Solaris... join us again for the next HSC game: Keystone Kapers!

(I'm a little short on time at the moment, so scores will be updated when I get home from work)

--Zero

839882[/snapback]

Ok, now you have done it. You DO realize that I must now play Solaris until I have beaten his score. I have done it before, my personal best is over 156K, but I just didn't have time to do it this week. Now you've done it Ze_ro, woe unto you!

;) :D

Ok, now you have done it.  You DO realize that I must now play Solaris until I have beaten his score.  I have done it before, my personal best is over 156K, but I just didn't have time to do it this week.  Now you've done it Ze_ro, woe unto you!

;)  :D

Well, good luck... but of course, the week's over, so all you'd get is bragging rights. Plus, I think Robert's probably quite capable of getting a higher score himself. He said earlier that he can regularly hit 200k...

--Zero