IGNORED

HSC Season 2 Week 14: Keystone Kapers

Ze_ro

If I had a way to record my game playing, I have already done the Gopher and Midnight Magic challenge. I just need to get it on video...

842545[/snapback]

Get yourself a VCR even if you have to borrow the money. If you can win two bounties, they will more than pay for it. You'll have positive cash flow! :cool:

If I had a way to record my game playing, I have already done the Gopher and Midnight Magic challenge. I just need to get it on video...

842545[/snapback]

Get yourself a VCR even if you have to borrow the money. If you can win two bounties, they will more than pay for it. You'll have positive cash flow! :cool:

842611[/snapback]

Will they take a vcr playing? I thought they needed something like a camcorder so they could see the actual tv...

Had something odd happen - running left, I caught up to the krook on the left edge of the screen. He went to the next screen right before I did. As soon as I got on the next screen, the Krook was back on the prior screen running back the way we came. :-o

That is weird...

54,200 I got my patch!!! :D

One thing that I like is that when you get close enough to the crook that you appear on the same screen and level as him (even if only for a half a second) you don't have to worry about obstacles so you can just relax until you nab him.

842545[/snapback]

842611[/snapback]

Will they take a vcr playing? I thought they needed something like a camcorder so they could see the actual tv...

842613[/snapback]

Yes, they accept a VCR tape. Just make sure that it is recording before you turn on your console, so they know no cheating devices were used and such. Then you must record the entire game from start to finish. They've got more specifics on the FAQ section for submitting scores on their site. I think you only need the camcorder for arcade game submissions. Good luck!!

Had something odd happen - running left, I caught up to the krook on the left edge of the screen.  He went to the next screen right before I did.  As soon as I got on the next screen, the Krook was back on the prior screen running back the way we came.  :-o

842691[/snapback]

The only thing I can think of is if it was the last screen on the left hand side of the middle level. You will never see the krook on the escallator. Even if he is half a step in front of you, as soon as you pass onto the escallator screen, the krook will be on the next level (up or down) and running away from you.

Have anybody noticed that our fearless leader Zero is MIA again?

all these new scores and the scores haven't been updated.

843848[/snapback]

Actually, I HAVE been updating them. As I mentioned a page ago, I'm getting SQL errors when I try to update the top post, so the latest scores are over in this post until I figure out something better.

--Zero

Have anybody noticed that our fearless leader Zero is MIA again?

all these new scores and the scores haven't been updated.

843848[/snapback]

Actually, I HAVE been updating them. As I mentioned a page ago, I'm getting SQL errors when I try to update the top post, so the latest scores are over in this post until I figure out something better.

--Zero

843892[/snapback]

my bad , Ididn't see the posy Iusally just scroll down to see others

as for laserman2k3(replying to the post about playing my hack in place of KK)

the game play is about silmar to KK only major differnce besides the graphics of course is that the missle is lower then the what the helicopter is.

Wow, absolutely freakin' clobbered my last score :)

Strange, I kept on choking at around 30,000, then got past that, then 50,000...started too late to max out the score, but then I had NO IDEA I would've made it anywhere past that! And since I feel kinda blah and my eyes are gettin' crossed as it is, I figured this would be an ok time to quit. Oh well, at least I know I can do it!

post-3650-1114486293_thumb.jpg

Wow, absolutely freakin' clobbered my last score :)

Strange, I kept on choking at around 30,000, then got past that, then 50,000...started too late to max out the score, but then I had NO IDEA I would've made it anywhere past that!  And since I feel kinda blah and my eyes are gettin' crossed as it is, I figured this would be an ok time to quit.  Oh well, at least I know I can do it!

844051[/snapback]

thats how I was the first time I did well enough to max it. I got to about 300K, said "ok, this is easy now, no need to waste time maxing it, I know I can do it if I need to," then left it alone for a long time.

Its kind of sad when a game you loved as a child gets beaten by you as an adult. I miss playing Keystone Kapers, because once its maxed I have no real reason to play it. Thank you HSC for getting the dust off of KK!

What's next?? :)

thats how I was the first time I did well enough to max it.

Yeah it's really strange how things just suddenly "clicked". I think it was just mainly due to trying NOT to freakin' rush, on all my other games I kept on getting up too early on the ball screens and hitting a ball and all...guess I found my yin/yang here, or whatever :D

Its kind of sad when a game you loved as a child gets beaten by you as an adult.

Yeah a friend of mine brought that up a while back, in regards to going back and playing favorites that seemed hard back in the day (or hardER, at least), like Space Invaders, which you can kill your score for some reason (granted, I knew the 300 point u. f. o. secret from back then, so my score was always pretty good anyway). But then we're a lot older now and have played far more complicated games than that, I guess (plus we were little kids back then).

I miss playing Keystone Kapers, because once its maxed I have no real reason to play it.

Yeah, but there's always other games :) And plus with S. Invaders that I mentioned earlier, there's always the harder versions of it, like Galaga, or even the John Dondzila Vectrex homebrews, since he usually makes his games hard in general anyway, so even his S. Invader games are still fun to play.