IGNORED

Another What Might Have Been

moycon

Ok. Most of the early Atari arcade games were converted over to the 2600 or at least were started to be converted. There are many however that were not for whatever reason... (I.E.: Not possible, Came out after the 2600 was officially dead) Heres another classic Atari arcade game and what I think it might look like on the Atari 2600. I tried to make this one more plausible, keeping in mind the Atari 2600s limitations. Since I don't exactly know the specs, feel free to comment what appears out of place....(Besides the obvious!)

moycon-8.gif

BTW can you tell what classic Atari game this is?

moycon is just jocking with you guys .... this is not a 2600 game .... didn't you realise?

i can clearly recognize the 800XL version of "bologna bob strikes back part 2"

after he came back from the mines and got back his stolen sandwich, he's now protecting it and beating up everybody with his big black stick

How about this for a game-- You are a grumpy old man (The guy with the black gun) and you chase people off your property. You shoot your gun at the people and they move closer to the border of the screen, when they are scared off by you shooting at them several times they leave. A new person appears at a random location.

You get points for successfully scaring someone off your property (Out of the screen). You lose a life when a person reaches your house, you have a total of 3 lifes per game.

How about a name like No Trespassing

Here is a screenshot, what do you think of this silly idea?

jtrespass.gif

Junie, Are you sure this is just a game for you and not based on actual events at your house? I cant see it now.

Junie: "Whos there?? You better say something. Are you after my new proto-type?"

*Blam!!!!

Perp: "Shit Im outta here." *runs away*

Perp 2: *pops up* "Proto-Type?"

Junie: Now who's there?

BTW: What happens if you shoot the people in the face as opposed to just firing above their head? Do you lose points?

And is there any type of sandwich in the game? Maybe a nice turkey? Or perhaps a maple glazed ham?

Yeah, you gotta have some kind of sandwich. How about chopped meat?

I too wonder about shooting the people instead of just warding the off. Oddly enough, this sounds exactly like something that would have been produced 20 years ago!

Sandwich Stan

quote:

Originally posted by NE146:

There is some sort of sandwich there in your screenshot by the way..

Are you refering to Junies screenshot or mine? I don't see a sandwich in Junies? Well unless thats it to the left of the house maybe? Hmmmmm If that a sandwich it looks a little old. Maybe its just been sitting out next to the house in the sun for too long? Mmmmmmmmm I wonder what type of sandwich it is....Errrr was. Anybody have a guess?

quote:

Originally posted by moycon:

Junie, Are you sure this is just a game for you and not based on actual events at your house? I cant see it now.

Junie: "Whos there?? You better say something. Are you after my new proto-type?"

*Blam!!!!

Perp: "Shit Im outta here." *runs away*

Perp 2: *pops up* "Proto-Type?"

Junie: Now who's there?

BTW: What happens if you shoot the people in the face as opposed to just firing above their head? Do you lose points?

And is there any type of sandwich in the game? Maybe a nice turkey? Or perhaps a maple glazed ham?

Well the idea is that you can shoot right at them and it simply scares them off, a non-violent game-- You can't hurt them, just scare them off.

That is a great idea to add something on the porch of the house, that way the trespassers are after something (Makes it more meaningful). Perhaps adding a Maple Glazed Ham sandwich on the porch is enough to attract people?

Looks like I'd better go looking for pictures of sandwiches unless you have some I could use, if you don't mind.

quote:

Originally posted by StanJr:

Yeah, you gotta have some kind of sandwich. How about chopped meat?

I too wonder about shooting the people instead of just warding the off. Oddly enough, this sounds exactly like something that would have been produced 20 years ago!

Sandwich Stan

You think it sounds like something that might have been made? I was thinking it was simply a silly idea I came up with from lack of sleep

Perhaps I am getting the frame set of mind then.. hmm maybe another silly game idea might be found one day as a Prototype from the '80s. Or better yet someone might make one of these silly games.

quote:

Originally posted by jahfish:

sorry junie, i don't like games that have no sandwich

I'm looking for sandwich images to add to my mock-up images. Perhaps I make a mock-up game simular to Pressure Cooker, but based on making the best sandwich possible -- The better the sandwich the higher the points.

[ 01-29-2002: Message edited by: Junie ]

Well I updated the No Trespassers mock-up image. I changed one of the trespassers, he is now running off the screen (He has been scared off).

I also added a Sandwich to the game. The sandwich is actually a "Atari" type of sandwich, that way we know what to expect of a game-- After all the Atari can't show a image of a actual mouth watering sandwich

The sandwich can be found on the porch of the house. As like most Atari graphics it's more use of your imagination then actual game display. Hmm, well say it's a Maple Glazed Ham Sandwich

jtrespass2.gif

quote:

Originally posted by MattyXB:

There are now 2 sandwiches in the picture. One is in the mailbox. The flag is up, so you have post in there, and this is a sandwich.

Yeah there is something in the mailbox, I guess it could be another sandwich. Hmm, if you can get your game character to the mailbox and get the sandwich, it's a extra life.

The trespassers only go after the sandwich on the front porch. Thought I'd better say this before there are any posts about it.