IGNORED

Best game you never play

Ze_ro

Since you all seem to have about 300 Atari games sitting there, I have to assume that you don't play them all as much as you want. I mean, even if you played each one for an hour straight, it would still take weeks to play them all (assuming you can find 16 hours a day to spend playing video games).

Given this, which games do you have that you regret not playing more? Personally, I'm surprised how little I play Crystal Castles. It's a great game, and everyone raves about it... but I just never end up playing it for some reason!

--Zero

Sometimes I feel bad that I have so many games I haven't played. But now that I've done the math, I feel better. I was thinking I could have my friend over and just spend some time playing every game I have, but even if we only played each one for 1 minute it would take over 4 hours! Maybe I'll just play a different one every day for 9 months.

I wish I played more Fantastic Voyage. It looks pretty fun.

-Paul

I gotta hold up my hand and say I hardly ever play ANY of my games, not just 2600, but any system. I'm more interested in the variety, concept and idea of gaming than actually sitting down and really trying to beat them. I've got a lot of hardly played titles. That said, I'm having a pretty fair stab at Shenmue 2 on DC (Hong Kong is depressing - I want to go back to japan!!).

If I could only reconcile this inconsistency in my life, I daresay i'd save a load of money - oh well, carry on saving for that Gamecube

Hmmm. let´s see, I think Space Invaders is gathering some dust lately, there´s so many clones of it and I played so many shoot em ups that sometimes I turn it off even before the first wave is finished, I love Space Invaders but then again the replay value drops after u play all those clones.

The game I usually play is Chopper Command.

I would have to say it is Star Raiders in my case. The reason is that I have to pull out the special control that goes with the game just to play it.

I prefer playing most games on my StellaX emulator since I am on my computer all the time. So having to pull out the controller rather than just playing is an extra step that sometimes causes me not to play.

But you are right. There are several games that I have that I keep stored but don't play as often as when I first got them.

The best two games I never play are Sea Battle and Swordfight, the two new ones that Intellivision just released. They require two players and my fiance just isn't interested. I wind up pathetically sititng in front of the TV moving both controllers just so I can play them

hehe, funny. demon attack is a title i loved too. but i played it so often that i never touch it anymore. but for the love of it, i have demon attack as:

text label small stripes

text label big stripes

pict label version

white label version

HES version with vinyl pack

Blue label version

fish

quote:

Originally posted by AtariDude:

I would have to say it is Star Raiders in my case. The reason is that I have to pull out the special control that goes with the game just to play it.

In my collection, too, Star Raiders goes sorely overlooked, though for a different reason. More often than not I'm looking for a quick game or at least a fast-paced game, and a strategy game like Star Raiders doesn't fit the bill. Similarly, “adventure” games like Pitfall II: Lost Caverns and Raiders of the Lost Ark get played infrequently (though ironically enough, Adventure itself gets a fair amount of use).

Yeah, Pitfall II just kind of sits there in my collection too. And its one of my fav games. I have a mental block on it, that if I cannot get a perfect score, then what's the point. I've done it before, so I know I can do it. The first time I miss a jump or hit a frog, its over.

Perfectionist Stan

pretty much all of them now, the cuttle cart, colecovision and Dreamcast has taken up my spare time

but i think i am done collecting 2600 games for awhile (i will still be looking but only for the few games i had as a kid and are now to damn rare)

UPDATE: my Friend moved back to Michigan from Florida but he cant find his 2600 system and games i told him to keep looking

• 1 month later...

I have get today my 370 game (only these from A-Z and Numers) not Paks or cartridges with more games counted.

But I don't play often with them. I test them when I get them, but thats all what I most do. I think in the future there cames a time where I have nostalgic feelings and then I play more with them.

Yep, that´s a good question! Xenophobe is taking a long

slumber in it´s Box since a while... It´s one of the best

Games i ever played on the 2600.

But at the moment i don´t have much time for playing

Videogames and a Xenophobe-Session always goes

1-3 hours.

But as soon as i have more time i´ll enjoy blasting

those Aliens again!