IGNORED

What did I find?

StanJr

I was thrifting today, and at the Flea Market-type place I was at, there was a bunch of stuff locked away inside a giant cage, a C-64 for example. As I peered through the chain link fence, I was sure that everything I ever wanted was just beyond my reach in the big cage. Well low and behold, I spotted a box! I could only see the end panel, but it was a black box with the words "Atari Video Computer System" in white letters. The text was off center left and there were about a dozen pictures of game cartridges (pre-silver) to the right of the text. The bad news, the guy who owned the stuff was not there today, but I left a message for him with the people who run the joint. He's supposed to call me with the price, etc.

Now, obviously this is an atari in box, but which one? My guess is something early, maybe pre-Vader. I don't see many boxed systems around here. Can anyone tell me which system this is??

I also found a gemstick today, but that's it!

Stan in the box

Well Stan i hope you can get your hands on it as that would be a great find

I had a pretty good day today at gibralter trade center

I went back up there to get the Atari version of Qbert but it was gone, but i did find Infiltrate (apollo) and Flash Gordon (20th century, and i had just got one from King_asmo to ) $2 each

I also picked up SMS game Montezumas Revenge (WOOT) $5

Opps and i got a SMS controller for $3

And the final item is a Boxed Sega CD Sports system (complete) it also came with the Genesis 2 and 2 controllers and 1 game of my choise, i got world cup 94 (cause it was the only one he had that i didnt) total price $25

So i had a pretty good day thrifting

[ 02-02-2002: Message edited by: Lemmi ]

Listen to this

i was cleaning the new Genesis i got and no problem there, then i get to the Sega CD i open it up and guess what i find melted to the inside of it

FRIGGEN!!!! PINK ROCK CANDY on the inside

who are these people? and why cant they take care of S#%&

Ok my rant is done im going back to cleaning the CD system

quote:

Originally posted by ATARIPITBULL:

I bet you can't sleep at night thinking what you might be getting from inside that cage Stan.

It is absolutely nerve-racking! They were supposed to call me today, but NOTHING! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH! maybe they will call tomorrow. I MUST HAVE WHAT IS IN THAT CAGE!!!

You might be right about that mario bros game, i think i did get it from there

Oh and on a side note Uber the guy that runs the Game Over Table there is starting to buy Atari stuff, he told me that Saturday and he showed me a 2600jr he had hidden under his table, i think i got him hooked LOL

I wouldnt worry about the Game over guy, he will more then likely give up after awhile when he finds out what some people want for the older games

but if he does get into it i told him that he better have a good selection and at good prices cause they will just sit at his table forever and i told him look at how long the games at the Game Station has been there

quote:

Originally posted by Iguana:

Hey Stan, I can not wait to find out what is in there too! I keep looking in on the board, Waiting, Waiting, Will it never end!!!! when will the madness stop!!!

Tell me about it, i bet alot of us are waiting to find out what it is as well, and Stan deserves a GREAT find