IGNORED

HSC Season 2 Week 20: Dark Cavern

Ze_ro

and now we are on a roll!

Best score I have ever gotten (my previous personal best was 213K!)

Below is a map of the places I have found are best to pick off the monsters safely (X marks the spot) as well as some trouble areas that you should stay out of (the areas in red), all these areas do is get me killed! Hope it helps!

post-409-1117640448_thumb.png

Edited by StanJr

and now we are on a roll!

Best score I have ever gotten (my previous personal best was 213K!)

Below is a map of the places I have found are best to pick off the monsters safely (X marks the spot) as well as some trouble areas that you should stay out of, all these areas do is get me killed!  Hope it helps!

865538[/snapback]

Copycat! :mad:

:D

Hi there!

Below is a map of the places I have found are best to pick off the monsters safely (X marks the spot) as well as some trouble areas that you should stay out of, all these areas do is get me killed!  Hope it helps!

865538[/snapback]

Yup, those are the same spots I use as well ;)

Greetings,

Manuel

With the score I posted I still had 7 lives with 100K, when I suddenly panic'd and lost 4-5 in a row.

When do you get extra lives anyway?

865650[/snapback]

When you get to the point where 4 guys come out at once, you get an extra life when you kill all 4. The guy you kill for the extra life is light green/yellowish, brighter than the normal green guy.

Hey, I didn't know that! I thought it was odd that I had like 7 lives at one point!

Ha!

Oh here are a few more tips I thought up today while playing:

Early on, when the game is slow, the enemies are dumb and there is plenty of time, collect about 50 bullets. By doing this, ammo won't be a problem later in the game if you miss a reload or two, and you'll be able to be a bit more liberal with your justice.

Friendly Fire is just as good as doing it yourself. Enemies will shoot other enemies, and spiders and blobs if you are in their line of sight. You can use this to get rid of troublesome spiders and blobs and even other baddies by lining them up. This is especially effective if you are behind a wall, because you will run no risk of getting shot. Why not save some bullets and let the bad guys do the work for you?

Since your shots keep moving after hitting a target, you can kill several enemies with one shot if you take the time to line them up. This is easier later when the enemies hunt you more actively.

Blobs are worse than spiders since they steal your bullets. If you have enough ammo, get rid of them whenever you can.

Shoot and move. Generally to kill and enemy, you'll have to line up with them, meaning they can take a shot at you. Keep a passage handy, shoot at the enemy and then duck into the adjacent passage.

Don't waste bullets on Spiders or blobs unless they pose a direct threat. You get nothing for it save for peace of mind, and you'll waste bullets.

Hopefully those tips will help!

:)

Seems like the extra lives max at 9 despite the double digit. What about the bullets, do they max or roll? I hope they don't roll.

Man it is hard to get extra lives at the later stages! Its hard to get them all killed fast enough. Gotta line 'em up!

I love this game!