IGNORED

Can I still buy Elevator Action?

King Atari

Well, as I remember, Digital Press had some left over that they liquidated after CGE. However, that was waaaaaaaay back in September last year. Odds are, if you want a complete, in-the-box release, you're pretty much boned.

However, Randy at Hozer could probably burn a cart for you. Then it's just a matter of slapping on your own label. I did it for my Swordfight cart, my Halloween cart, and my Texas Chainsaw Massacre carts. I will soon be doing the same for my Crazy Climber cart. Total: $50 rather than the $250 the originals would cost.

quote:

Originally posted by King Atari:

I remember someone was selling them for $50, complete and just like the CGE copies, but that was awhile ago. Can I still get a copy, or did I miss out?

If you want one of the originals they pop up on e-bay ocassionally. I think some people bought them just to resell them. Wish I had one, too. But I'm not buying something like that for a while

quote:

Originally posted by ATARIPITBULL:

Here you go King Atari: The email address is:skelly@xnet.com and his name and address is:

Sean Kelly

5789 N. Milwaukee

Chicago, IL 60646

He will take Paypal or Money order and the total amount was $54.00 with shipping included.

Are these the CCE copies? The numbered ones I mean? I would love to own one, but in this case I would like to have one of the numbered ones.

You know,

The CGE was so overwhelming, you do not know what to get. I was like third in line for a Combat 2, bought it out of "the insanity", and ended up trading it for a sealed Custers Revenge later that day. In retrospect, I should have kept them both, and then jumped in line for the Elevator Action and Ms. Space Fury.

However, there were other goodies there, too. Its amazing how you lose sight of sanity in those places. Passed a sealed Coleco Roller Controller with Slither, because he would not come down 4 bucks, and I was out of room for a boxed Astrocade for 20.

Cassidy

There was too much going on at once. If you wanted to get all the exclusive games you ended up waiting in line all day or if you wanted to hear the guest lecturers you never got to see the rest of the show.

That's what I like about Philly. It's all paced nicely and it's more like a big swap meet than a "convention". More my style I guess...

Tempest

I'll be wearing my Tempest 2084 badge that I had on at the CGE (it's hard to miss). I had people walking up to me and saying "Your that guy from the message boards...".

I think it would be cool if everyone tried to design a custom name tag for themselves.

Tempest

quote:

Originally posted by Tempest:

I'll be wearing my Tempest 2084 badge that I had on at the CGE (it's hard to miss). I had people walking up to me and saying "Your that guy from the message boards...".

I think it would be cool if everyone tried to design a custom name tag for themselves.

Tempest

If i could make it i would wear my Lemmi shirt with the Quote from the Airheads movie on the back

to bad the shirt wasnt blue to match my avatar , but its Black with white lettering

I will probably be wearing my Computer Space T-shirt I had made up for Vegas. Depending if its too cold, might wear the Atari hoodie sweatshirt. Of course, I will be the guy worried sick about pizza covered hands on my Star Wars cockpit.

My only complaint last year was people were eating then playing Jeff's and my machines. I had 20 hours of time in a Galaga mini there, not to mention money, and it had pizza sauce on it. Strange.

Cassidy

Anyway, custom tags would be great. Good idea Tempest. Looking forward to meeting you and the others.

quote:

Originally posted by ATARIPITBULL:

Moonlightnight, these copies say on the lower left back of the box that they were distributed at the classic gaming expo 2001, but I do not see any special numbering, just the model number: 26126.

Those are probably just the general releases then. I would prefer to have one of the numbered ones. I like playing the games, but if I can get the special edition copies of any game, that makes it more worth having.

quote:

Originally posted by osmeroid:

In a similar vein, is anyone still selling copies of Combat 2? I'm not bothered about owning a numbered copy - just as long as it's boxed etc.

I'd really appreciate any info on this.

I haven't heard about anyone selling these as general releases, but you could probably get one from Hozer. At least it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I just bought #40 of 250 this weekend, though. Can't wait until it get here!

quote:

Originally posted by Cassidy:

You know,

The CGE was so overwhelming, you do not know what to get. I was like third in line for a Combat 2, bought it out of "the insanity", and ended up trading it for a sealed Custers Revenge later that day. In retrospect, I should have kept them both, and then jumped in line for the Elevator Action and Ms. Space Fury.

Cassidy

Agreed Cassidy, the lines were ridiculous. The problem is that we can only pack so many events/functions into a 2-day event. We have to go for as many keynote speeches as possible in order to keep the guests happy, because honestly how many of them would come out just to pal around with their fans? Some yes, but many feel that they have a purpose by giving a speech.

We want to avoid last year's scenario of having people line up an hour early just to get the new releases so we're currently working on a plan where people won't have to waste time waiting on lines to buy the games. People shouldn't have to miss a keynote just to get a game they want.

BTW, we'll be previewing all the CGE releases at Phillyclassic. 8 in all (if we can get the 3 7800 carts going in time).

John

quote:

Originally posted by MoonlightKnight:

Those are probably just the general releases then. I would prefer to have one of the numbered ones. I like playing the games, but if I can get the special edition copies of any game, that makes it more worth having.

The Elevator Action carts are all the same. There were never any numbered and/or general releases. What you buy today is the same as what you would have gotten at the show.

John

quote:

The Elevator Action carts are all the same. There were never any numbered and/or general releases. What you buy today is the same as what you would have gotten at the show.

exactly, that's why i was more worried to get my combat 2 first ...

greetings

fish