IGNORED

Attack of the Mutant Camels ??

Stroxalarb

I bought an interesting cartridge for a couple of dollars today called 'Attack of the Mutant Camels' by HesWare. The chip that sticks out looks like it's too long to be a 2600 game, and the cartridge also looks too small for it. I don't have a console yet so I can't play it to find out what it is.

It's not listed at Atariage as far as I can tell. Has anyone heard of it and can anyone tell me anything about it?

What you have is probably the Commodore 64 version of the game. HESWare made software for the Vic-20 and Commodore 64, and Attack of the Mutant Camels was never released for the Atari 2600. I'd scan my C64 cart, but unfortunately it's out of my reach since I'm at work. On a side note, Attack of the Mutant Camels was written by Jeff Minter, who later wrote some Jaguar games, including the popular Tempest 2000.

..Al

Ill explain, Well any Atari product thats older than the atari jaguar was an 8-bit processor but thats not what we mean, an atari 8-bit usually refers to an Atari 8-bit computer being anything from a Atari 400 computer to an Atari XEGS, you can find all this information AND PICTURES at my Atari computer Database located at http://acd.atari.org no www otherwise it wont work any computer that isn't a ST, TT or Falcon will run the 8-bit carts.