IGNORED

Collectors of Brazilian cartridges

charin

quote:

Originally posted by rick weis:

favorite??.... CCE... because

it has the cce brand on start up screen....

Not always.

My three CCE games; Bank Heist, Frogger and Jaw Breaker all seem to have the same graphics as the originals. I think it's mostly the Activision games that they added "CCE" to.

(btw, those are scans of my actual carts in the AtariAge database)

My favorite is Polyvox for the Atari Silver styled Activision games. Plus, they're legit.

quote:

Originally posted by ATARIPITBULL:

Do they play on a 2600 and how do they look on the T.V.?

They work just fine in NTSC 2600s. As mentioned, some of the CCE titles are graphic hacks; usually just to add "CCE", but some, like Tom Boy are major reworkings. (Tom Boy, btw, is a hack of Pitfall!) Most, however, are straightforward pirates and look normal.

Pssst!  Feelthy cave pictures!

quote:

Originally posted by StellasGhost:

Theres an idea! My cousin lives in Sao Paulo, they come and visit often, maybe next time I'll ask her to be on the lookout for those? Are they hard to find down there?.......The guy who wrote "the girl from Ipanema" - Vinicius De Moraes, was related to me

Stuff related to classic videogames and computers are a bit hard to find here in Sao Paulo. There are no garage sales here. I usually hunt for Atari 2600 cartridges and 8-bit computers in flea markets at Sundays, but they are very far away from downtown (20 km!) and sometimes can be dangerous since there are people selling robbed stuff in the market!!!

Your cousin could try to get some cartridges in local electronic auctions, or ask to colleagues in school, work, or neighborhood.

Sergio

quote:

Originally posted by jahfish:

cool man, crazy freaked out illegal stolen hot brazil carts ....

You must see this flea market. It is a kind of pos-apocalyptical fair, like a Mad Max movie.

There are people selling used cars in the market for less than US$400!!!

Sergio

quote:

Originally posted by StellasGhost:

Tell me about it, Ive heard horrible stories coming out of Sau Paulo, high crime rate! My cousins are moving to Canada in a few years.

Yes, the crime is out of control here in SP (as in Rio de Janeiro), although here is the best place in South America to get a job or study. Well, maybe in future I also move to another country (I'm really considering Canada, or Australia).

Well when I told about cars being sold under US$400, it is because they are in very poor condition. Well, most of the Atari 2600 carts I found there are also in poor condition.

The most obvious are people selling used watches (i.e., robbed), they usually carry one watch in hand and walk alone in the fair, offering it to people.

Sergio

quote:

Originally posted by Jek:

Hi Sergio,

visit our Brazilian card list at GameReset

perhaps you can add some valuable info!

and perhaps we can trade some nice stuff

Greetings

Jens

Great site!

Sure, I will be glad to help with photos of carts and some info.

Greetings

Sergio