IGNORED

Warring Worms for Sale

NorbytheRobot

Hey everybody, Warring Worms is now for sale. I have about 25 carts available immediately. I will have a waiting list for additional carts as soon as I get more PCB's. It is all detailed on the Warring Worm's home page.

You can also download the latest .bin file for play or look at the instructions.

Please email me to get on the list.

Be warned that Paypal takes a much larger percentage of anything paid to you by credit card. It costs them more to process a credit card transaction, and as such, they recoup their losses through you.

That's why they advocate paying by your checking account so much! It costs them literally nothing to complete the transaction, yet they can still make their money by taking a smaller percentage from any funds wired to you.

quote:

Originally posted by NorbytheRobot:

I also did some research at paypal.com, I can not accept credit cards because I only have a personal account. I don't feel like upgrading to a premiere account, but may if there really, really is a demand for it.

I'll have to pay you some other way as well, then, as I recently removed my checking account from PayPal after all the horror stories I've read about them lately. Until I create a second checking account for use with just PayPal, they're not getting access to my primary account.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by Adrian M:

Be warned that Paypal takes a much larger percentage of anything paid to you by credit card. It costs them more to process a credit card transaction, and as such, they recoup their losses through you.

That's why they advocate paying by your checking account so much! It costs them literally nothing to complete the transaction, yet they can still make their money by taking a smaller percentage from any funds wired to you.

Goody! I get to talk about Paypal now!

Paypal users who are not Premier can only accept $100 in credit cards per month. No matter what level you are at they charge $.30 per transaction plus 2.9%. So, if you get $10 from someone they charge $.59! It is better to use your checking account, but most people seem to be oblivious to this fact. I've been using my checking account since day one of signing up and have never had problems with them.

I've heard so many horror stories about "Paypal did this or that" almost all of which are NOT TRUE! Alot of these people just didn't read the rules when they signed up and when they started getting charged to accept credit cards they got ticked off. This is really simple to overcome by adding it to the starting bid or charging a small handling fee, but some people are too lazy or stupid to figure this out.

There is one thing you should know though, the part about them charging a lower rate if you get their Paypal MasterCard Logo/ATM card is not entirely true. They still charge the same fee ($.30 + 2.9%)to accept credit cards but the give part of it back when you use the card (they give you half of the 2.9% back)

I've never used my card so I'm not exactlly sure how that part works. I just take the hit for the original fee. I still try to encourage people to send me money through their checking account, but almost everyone I've sold to uses a credit card.

[ 02-27-2002: Message edited by: MoonlightKnight ]

not any more...

Elimination of CC Receiving Limit (Personal Accounts Only) Notice Date: October 11, 2001

Effective Date: November 15, 2001

To reduce the costs associated with credit card processing, the ability to receive credit card funded payments will become a feature reserved for Premier and Business accounts. Personal Accounts that receive credit card funded payments after 11/15/2001 may accept the payment by upgrading to a Premier or Business account, or they will have to deny the payment. Personal accounts will continue to be able to receive non-credit card funded payments for free. Once upgraded, Premier and Business Accounts may receive unlimited credit card funded payments.

Take care,

Rick

quote:

Originally posted by rick weis:

not any more...

Elimination of CC Receiving Limit (Personal Accounts Only) Notice Date: October 11, 2001

Effective Date: November 15, 2001

To reduce the costs associated with credit card processing, the ability to receive credit card funded payments will become a feature reserved for Premier and Business accounts. Personal Accounts that receive credit card funded payments after 11/15/2001 may accept the payment by upgrading to a Premier or Business account, or they will have to deny the payment. Personal accounts will continue to be able to receive non-credit card funded payments for free. Once upgraded, Premier and Business Accounts may receive unlimited credit card funded payments.

Take care,

Rick

Wow, I didn't know that. I upgraded long before that so I had no idea they changed it. Bummer for personal users. Time for them to upgrade I guess.