IGNORED

Dukes of Hazzard game

John

quote:

Originally posted by John:

I remember reading that Atari had prepared a Dukes of Hazzard game but had abandoned it. I see looking back through posts that someone mentioned having a copy. So did some experimental copies get out?

There are two different versions that have been found. I will let someone else who knows a little more about them tell you who has them. I do know that you can download the roms for these although neither of them are very playable IMO.

afaik atari has produced about 10000 regular boards of the game. a part of those went to best electronics, were put into cases and sold by best in the beginning of the ninetees until a few years ago. but they didn't have an unlimited stock, so the game appears here and there for prices between 20$ and 150$ (too much if you ask me) on ebay. still it should be a too big problem to grab one.

the loaner carts are a lot rarer .... did i ever see one? dunno, but tempest will surely let us know ...

Whats this?

Atari Game " Pole Position II "

The seller mean this is Pole Position II, but one the Lable in the top left stand Duke handwritten. Maybe a Dukes of Hazzard Best Electronics Prototype?

Maybe ask the seller. Or one owner calls Duke as name and has written this on the game?

But if you have luck you will get a rare game for low price.

quote:

Originally posted by KBeXpress:

if you can download the rom couldnt hozer make you one? Im not sure

I'm sure Hozer could but it's not the same as finding the real thing. Besides after trying these out on an emulator I don't know if I would want to put up the money for a copy, I'd be looking for the real thing in this case.

They were not ever put in cases. The games were put on roms, yes. However, that I know of, there were never cases made/labels run. Digital Press has some shots of labels in the DPG, but to the best of my knowledge, they are really good home mades.

The game uses F6 bankswitching, like all the 16K Atari made carts, so I am sure hozer could do it.

My goal for this next year is to build a web page with step by step how to make a cartridge from a binary file. That way, everyone that helped me can be immortalized forever in cyberspace.

Cassidy