IGNORED

Compiling lists of Atari, Corp. (re-release) label variants

Christophero Sly

I found I have a PAL 1985 Berzerk and a PAL 1985 Defender that also have the "Label , Program & Audiovisual" wording.

post-99-1140815275_thumb.jpg

post-99-1140815310_thumb.jpg

I also have two additional varities of the PAL 1986 Dodge 'em. One has the Paddle controller error that does not ever appear to have had a sticker over the wording. The other has a " Use with Joystick Controllers" sticker like the 1986 NTSC Home Run cartridge.

post-99-1140815740_thumb.jpg

post-99-1140815774_thumb.jpg

I also have an NTSC 1986 3-D Tic-Tac-Toe with black tape over the controller information.

post-99-1140816036_thumb.jpg

I finally hooked up a scanner to my computer so I can share pictures of my labels that are not on Sly's lists.

I found I have PAL 1987 Asteroids Gray Label cartridges with both red and Blue end labels like the NTSC Space Invaders Gray Label cartridges.

I have a PAL Red Defender that is not on the list.

I also have a PAL Red Ms. Pac-Man that appears on the list but has some of the label details missing.

post-99-1140818029_thumb.jpg

post-99-1140819030_thumb.jpg

post-99-1140818616_thumb.jpg

attachmentid=48908]

post-99-1140818466_thumb.jpg

Edited by froggger2

I have a PAL red label millipede dated

1988 (Color, No, printed in Hong Kong, ca-400226-118) with a black end label

to add to your list.

Realsports Boxing 1987 mad in china is CA400225-135

Then I have a PAL gray label Realsports Tennis dated 1985 and another one dated 1987 (both identical to the NTSC ones).

Finally a 1986 Vanguard gray label PAL (identical to the NTSC one).

So far from over here!

P.S.: will add scans to my site within the next days.

Edited by staberinde

to add to your list.

Then I have a PAL gray label Realsports Tennis dated 1985 and another one dated 1987 (both identical to the NTSC ones).

So far from over here!

1026046[/snapback]

Thanks for the additions.

Also, and I think I've asked you this before, are all the carts on your site PAL? I saw a few on there that I wanted to add to the list, but I wasn't 100% sure they were PAL. I meant to ask you about it, but it slipped my mind.

to add to your list.

So far from over here!

1026046[/snapback]

Thanks for the additions.

Also, and I think I've asked you this before, are all the carts on your site PAL? I saw a few on there that I wanted to add to the list, but I wasn't 100% sure they were PAL. I meant to ask you about it, but it slipped my mind.

1026088[/snapback]

Nearly everything is PAL, but a few cards may be NTSC also (espescially stuff never released as PAL like the text# labels). If you are in doubt about a specific label, please ask.

• 2 weeks later...

1987 Indy 500 with missing controller text! I thought there was only the '86 with the taped error until I found this one.

. . . . . . and, a previously unknown re-release (it's not in any list I can find):

Very nice find on the Indy 500! I'll get it added to the list.

The Surround is a nice find too, but not unknown. It's been on the list here since v1.2. :ponder: ;)

Thanks for the scans!

• 3 weeks later...
I opened my sealed 1986 Indy 500 box and what was inside? The same 1987 Indy 500 shown previously by crunchysuperman. I guess it's a good thing I didn't already sell the 1986 version in my avatar.
:cool:

I would have assumed it contained an '86 too. I guess this adds yet another dimension to the re-releases. I wonder if I should open my '86 Earthworld and see if it matches my loose cart. :ponder:

Edited by Christophero Sly

Found today (scans will be online at xenophobe.de soon):

Missile Command. 1985, Correct, Large Black, No, Lwrcase Main Lbl., Uprcase End Lbl.

(by the way, the red label missile command has CA400064-038 on the end label :cool: )

Realsports Tennis, 1987, Center, Absent, No, "Hong Kong", No “Realsports” on red stripe

Missile Command. 1985, Correct, Large Black, No, Lwrcase Main Lbl., Uprcase End Lbl.

Realsports Tennis, 1987, Center, Absent, No, "Hong Kong", No “Realsports” on red stripe

Are these two NTSC or PAL? Thanks.

(by the way, the red label missile command has CA400064-038 on the end label :cool: )
Thanks!

I'm attempting to compile a list of all the known re-release picture label variants (black label) from 1985-1988. I've attached a table (html) of all the re-release variants that I own or am able to verify from a scan or photo. If anyone has any additional re-release variants they can add to this list, please post them in this thread. Please include as much detail as possible about the label--the copyright date, what appears on the controller info line, the size and color of the Atari logo, and whether or not the label illustration is drawn outside the frame. Scans would be cool. I'll keep the list updated and posted in this thread. Thanks. :)

LATEST UPDATE: 04-05-06

Thanks so much for posting that info. I'm sure I will learn alot from it.

Are these two NTSC or PAL? Thanks.

PAL

• 1 month later...

Can anyone confirm the following? They appear on Philflound's list, but haven't been reported here.

'85 NTSC Video Pinball with correct controller info.

'86 NTSC Outlaw with correct controller info.

'86 NTSC Home Run with paddle error.

'88 NTSC Yars' Revenge with correct controller info.

'86 PAL Pengo with correct controller info.

I'd like to thank everyone for their postings. Keep the Sly up to date with his lists. He's giving me updated info. I'm entering all new info into the giant list of label variations. I'm waiting on a few other updates from Staberinde and 5th Ghost. The new updated list should be emailed to everyone on my email list within a week. If you'd like to be added, PM me with your email address and I'll add you. Since I'm back in action, this list is going to be active with updates, hopefully through the summer. It's also on the website and I'll keep it current, so the list being emailed will be the exact list on the site.

On a seperate note, I wanted to mention that the only time a variation is listed as PAL is when there is a "p" on the main label, end label, or possibly a white sticker somewhere on the cart denoting it as PAL. A label variation may be PAL on its own without being listed as such, or there may be only 1 listing, but there are both NTSC and PAL versions, but short of plugging in the cart, there is no way to tell the difference. I'm trying to keep the variations listed as to what you physically see with a cartridge and/or label. I've explained this also at the beginning of the Atari section, so anyone looking at the list will know.

Since Sly is keeping up with the red label and black label variations, if you discover any other variations from other companies or such, please contact me with a scan and the info that I normally list. Many of the black label variations, especially those with the controller typos or black tape over, or missing controller info, Chris doesn't have info on the circuit board cover for those. So I'm listing them with CART? until someone can confirm they are locking, sliding or open. If you own these, please let me know. I'd say give me till about June 1st to get the completely updated list on the website, so you can see which ones I'm missing. I do the list in stages, especially since there seems to be many new additions to the list.

I'm still seeking many manuals and boxes, so if anyone can confirm info already listed, but has a ? in it such as page count, book size, copyright, etc, please fill me in. If you have anything not listed, send scans if you can.

Several months ago, I got a huge update with Activision boxes and such. The one thing I discovered is that there are sometimes a REV on the bottom flap. I'm going to go through my boxes and see what I have. I've added a few Rev to listings already there. If you can give me any more Rev that you don't see, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for all your help. I just wish I had space enough to fit scans of everything. Maybe one day I'll try to acquire it all and make a cd. But that probably wouldn't be for a few years. :(

Phil

Can anyone confirm the following? They appear on Philflound's list, but haven't been reported here.

Forgot to mention. If I don't get info on these games listed above, I'm going to put them as rarity ? instead of R to denote whether or not they do exist.

Phil

Took me a while to figure out what you all mean by "re-issue".

At first, I thought that a re-issue would include the change from "text only" to picture label.

However, I believe that this thread is all about Atari Inc to Atari Corp re-issues.

Am I correct (just for my own frame of reference?)

Thanks,

Steve

Took me a while to figure out what you all mean by "re-issue".

At first, I thought that a re-issue would include the change from "text only" to picture label.

However, I believe that this thread is all about Atari Inc to Atari Corp re-issues.

Am I correct (just for my own frame of reference?)

Thanks,

Steve

You are correct.

Forgot to mention. If I don't get info on these games listed above, I'm going to put them as rarity ? instead of R to denote whether or not they do exist.

Phil

I just have a PAL '85 Video Pinball with correct controller.