Batari Basic is Fred "Batari" Quimby's "BASIC" compiler for creating Atari 2600 games.
from the original README.txt:
Atari 2600 BASIC is intended as a beginner's platform so that one may become accustomed to the intricacies of the system. Although Atari 2600 BASIC is a viable development platform on its own, its real purpose is as a stepping stone toward 2600 programming using assembly language.
Atari 2600 BASIC "lowers the bar" so that others with limited programming experience can write games that can run on a real Atari 2600 or an emulator.
This forum is for latest news and releases, programming talk, showing off of creations, and general conversation about this cool new 2600 programming tool. Sharing tips and source code is encouraged.
Here are the most important links:
- Batari basic @ 8bitdev.org is RevEng's binaries for Windows, Mac, and Linux (via this forum link)
- Random Terrain hosts the Command List
- Code Snippets & Samples for bB Beginners by Atarius Maximus has some great mini-programs
- Programming Tutorial by CurtisP
- Visual bB is an all-in-one IDE (Integrated Development Environment) with built in code and graphic editors.
- AtariAge BatariBasic CodeCleaner helps ensure indentation is preserved when posting code snippets here
- do re bB explains "the BASICs of bAtari Music"
- Tone Toy 2008 lets you experiment with the weird noises the Atari 2600 can generate
- kernel-don't-panic is a chart for the complexities of bB kernel options
- Programming the Atari 2600 Part II is a quick-stop developer journal and includes setup instructions for Macs
I will work to keep this list relevant and up to date. Please post suggestions for links in this thread.
UPDATE: Random Terrain writes:
You could add links to Stella (http://stella.sourceforge.net/) and JAVATARI (http://javatari.org/) . JAVATARI is very good emulator that can also be embedded on a web site. It's much better than JStella.
UPDATE 2: Sadly, batariBasic.com was the official homepage and download location but now seems to be offline
Edited by kisrael, Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:15 PM.