from the original README.txt:
This forum is for latest news and releases, programming talk, showing off of creations, and general conversation about this cool new 2600 programming tool. Sharing tips and source code is encouraged.
Atari 2600 BASIC is intended as a beginner's platform so that one may become accustomed to the intricacies of the system. Although Atari 2600 BASIC is a viable development platform on its own, its real purpose is as a stepping stone toward 2600 programming using assembly language.
Atari 2600 BASIC "lowers the bar" so that others with limited programming experience can write games that can run on a real Atari 2600 or an emulator.
Here are the most important links:
- Visual bB is an all-in-one IDE (Integrated Development Environment) with built in code and graphic editors.
- AtariAge BatariBasic CodeCleaner helps ensure indentation is preserved when posting code snippets here
- do re bB explains "the BASICs of bAtari Music"
- Tone Toy 2008 lets you experiment with the weird noises the Atari 2600 can generate
- kernel-don't-panic is a chart for the complexities of bB kernel options
UPDATE: Random Terrain writes:
You could add links to Stella (http://stella.sourceforge.net/) and JAVATARI (http://javatari.org/) . JAVATARI is very good emulator that can also be embedded on a web site. It's much better than JStella.
Edited by kisrael, Thu May 23, 2013 11:00 AM.