IGNORED

HSC Season 3 Week 3: Space Invaders

Ze_ro

Some improvements.

Fast and funny games :)

My Tips :

1 - Start to destroy the 2 left columns of invaders (The 2nd first then the 1st one) : the first (left) shield is very useful to perform this first step.

This tactic will allow you to have more space to destroy the 1st Command ship and win bonus points

If you die without performing this 1 step, I suggest you to reset and start a new game as it will be difficult to make high score if missing this part.

2 - Now try to destroy 1 more column (at the left or the right side) then kill the remaining invaders from the lowest line to the higher one.

Using this tactic allow to kill easely each new command ship that will appear.

3 - The hardest part to finish a level is to destroy the last invaders :

Try to have a line of 2-3 invaders (detect them from their blasts), anticipate their move and move yourself in the same direction they are following. Don't dtop firing.

NEVER stay for a long time in the same location it will be fatal.

post-27-1123180314_thumb.jpg

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought, "Space Invaders? Everyone will be rolling it!" But then I saw the game variation and laughed out loud. I'll have to see if I can find a Space Invaders cart :D and then give this a whirl. I certainly spent enough time playing Space Invaders as a kid, but probably never on this variation!

..Al

Cleared one wave, and only had one invader left to clear the second. Also tagged one command ship. Originally I wasn't even trying for the command ships because I didn't think it was worth the effort, but they really help your score in this variation.

Ill be having nightmares about this one for a while. I swear to god tonight at one point I missed at least 10 shots in a row at a full group...I didnt think that was possible....hey! I just invented a mini game! How many shots can you take without hitting anything!

605, and if I had until the end of time I doubt I'd do better. I know it makes me a heathen, but I have always hated this game. I can't think of anything in any game that makes me want to throw a controller more than getting a decent score worked up on the first life and then losing both remianing lives 5 seconds later. I still believe life 2 is cursed, as I've never noticably added to my score with that life.

EDIT: Well, apparently I didn't need until the end of time after all. 745 is my new best. I almost beat the first wave.

Edited by Atarifever

Got 2710. What kills me there is how many bonus ships I missed. I thought the game would get easier once I got to a board where the annoying moving shields were gone due to where the invaders started. Man was I wrong. Most of my scores have been around 2000. The 2710 was the exception to the rule. I need a break from this game.

Current high 1030.

I had to back away from this game, too, or I'd have said more nasty stuff about it than I did Front Line.

'Vaders is not quite as addictive, or maddening, or both. Well, I don't know what it's less of but it certainly isn't less fun. Just something made me wanna keep trying with Front Line using StellaX when I should have been running it from a cart with this new CX-40. (Is there a specific model # for the FB2 joysticks besides CX-40? Or, since it's a new design, should we call it a CX-40A?)

Current high 1030.

I had to back away from this game, too, or I'd have said more nasty stuff about it than I did Front Line.

'Vaders is not quite as addictive, or maddening, or both.  Well, I don't know what it's less of but it certainly isn't less fun.  Just something made me wanna keep trying with Front Line using StellaX when I should have been running it from a cart with this new CX-40.  (Is there a specific model # for the FB2 joysticks besides CX-40?  Or, since it's a new design, should we call it a CX-40A?)

905748[/snapback]

CX-40B is the model number.

Grrr, I want those sticks, are they any better than the originals? Do they feel like the originals just more reliable?

Back from vacation and ready to get back into the swing of things here...

First time ever playing this version but Space Invaders is one of my all-time favorites. This was the first game that got me really excited about the 2600.

So far the best I could muster today is:

I once cleared the first 2 waves without losing a life but then the 3rd wave wiped me out instantly.

I'm pretty good at hitting the Saucers because I seem to be talented at missing the Invaders :roll: ;)