IGNORED

Video Game Store Visit.

I heard a rumor around January or so that he was going to be shutting his doors, do you know if this is true or not? I hope not. His prices have gotten a bit high (comparing with past years) but that's not too big of a deal. I don't go in there that often (I live on Staten Island, so it is about 45 minutes away with public transportation) but it is indeed a pretty rad place, I hit it a few times a year at least.

I don't care about label condition, I just wish I could see some of the loose carts without labels in action so I could tell if they would be duplicates when I brought them home. I don't care about prototypes or anything, I stopped collecting for the sake of collecting. At this point I just want the games that I think are fun and that my friends can play along with too. Emulation doesn't hold a candle to playing on the real thing, so even if the cart is held together with tape I don't care. If I knew they would go for it, I would practically volunteer to clean the carts on the floor in the milkcrate, they are crazy dirty. Also, I wish they were the price they were a few years ago, heh.

Btw, when were those pictures taken? That's the most organized I've ever seen it. Nah, only kidding, but it looks much cleaner in there than two weeks ago.

Edited by JStoll

i got a place in new hampshire like that but my place wants extremly high prices for there stuff is that place expensive?

909724[/snapback]

Hell yeah. The usual customers consist of spoiled NYU brats.

While the employees were pretty cool, the owner of the place (some goateed douchebag) is total jackass though. I don't like wishing terrible things unto others but I have to say I was a bit disappointed the shop was still open this year. It's such a loathesome store I definitely won't miss.

I heard a rumor around January or so that he was going to be shutting his doors, do you know if this is true or not? I hope not. His prices have gotten a bit high (comparing with past years) but that's not too big of a deal.

909804[/snapback]

His prices have always been bordering on completely outrageous. I strongly suspect all he does is buy stuff on ebay for resale.

I wouldn't miss it if this store closes down. The people who work there are mostly arrogant jerks (they act like you're the one that's crazy if you think you can get an Atari 2600 system for less than $100) and I'm surprised they even allowed these photos to be taken. Their prices are mostly terrible.

Maybe if they go out of business they'll be forced to hold a fire sale before shutting down, they'll actually have some decent deals for once.

As the users of 4chan say:

"I CAME!"

909993[/snapback]

I really didn't need to be reminded of that place. :skull:

910047[/snapback]

:rolling:

"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villianry."

Edited by JB

Wonder if there's a store like that in Dallas.

Pr'ly is, but hell if I know where.

909770[/snapback]

I know of one place that's kind of similar, but not as fully stocked. A guy out at the far north end of Trader's Village in Arlington. He's who I go to when I need something odd, like a joypad for a CD-i machine. He's got a nice little collection of old games, along with loads of vintage electronics.

How bad is the pricing on those led/lcd handhelds?

910006[/snapback]

Most of the Game & Watches are $50-$100, even the ones that are worth $10.

The tabletops are almost all over $80, some are close to $200 or at least were last time I visited. Basically take what you know one of those things is worth and double it.

The Mattel handhelds were close to $100 last time I looked, but this was before the re-release. I don't know if any of them have been repriced since then, but I kind of doubt it (this is the kind of store where conserving price gun tape seems to be the primary business model).

Wonder if there's a store like that in Dallas.

Pr'ly is, but hell if I know where.

909770[/snapback]

I know of one place that's kind of similar, but not as fully stocked. A guy out at the far north end of Trader's Village in Arlington. He's who I go to when I need something odd, like a joypad for a CD-i machine. He's got a nice little collection of old games, along with loads of vintage electronics.

910193[/snapback]

Bit of a drive. I'll make sure to wander out there some time, though.

Shame that stuff's dried up at 1st saturday. Iused to pick my games up prettymuch exclusively over there.

The guy who owned this store last year was a member of this forum. He went by the name Defender. I bought a lot of stuff from him last year while he was liquidating. My guess is that there is a new owner.

Here is his thread talking about closing down the shop.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=60569&hl=

The guy who owned this store last year was a member of this forum.  He went by the name Defender.  I bought a lot of stuff from him last year while he was liquidating.  My guess is that there is a new owner.

Here is his thread talking about closing down the shop.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=60569&hl=

910424[/snapback]

I first met him as he first open the store on opening day and I been getting stuff from there every time I get the time.