IGNORED

FB3...

Surely they would have had to present a business plan in order to re-negotiate the debt, that would make for compelling reading.

It would be interesting to see what they view as their target markets and therefore what products they are going to concentrate on to pull them out of their current, dire, position.

anybody know what games would be available for it?

Probably the usual Atari-owned properties. The ones that already have a vintage 8-bit game programmed would seem especially likely: Asteroids, Missile Command, Centipede, Millipede, Battlezone, Crystal Castles, Super Breakout, etc.

I'm sure there would be some cool surprises, too.

Licensing bryan's Castle Crisis as the official port of Warlords would have been awesome if they were able to come to terms with him.

Probably the usual Atari-owned properties. The ones that already have a vintage 8-bit game programmed would seem especially likely: Asteroids, Missile Command, Centipede, Millipede, Battlezone, Crystal Castles, Super Breakout, etc.

It would also be nice to see Atari get along with Activision again. While the 8-bits didn't have quite as large of an Activision library as the 2600, it did have a few gems buried in there. Beamrider, Dreadnaught Factor, Hacker (Wow, that brings back memories), Megamania, Zenji, and Zone Raiders would all make wonderful additions. At the very least, their relative rarity makes them interesting titles to include. :)

On second thought, does Hacker require a keyboard? My memory is a bit fuzzy. A lack of keyboard is a big reason why games like Mindshadow couldn't be included. :(

I wonder if anything will appear on e3 about this. I have noticed that Atari has announced several games to be released throughout this year and their stock has gone up slightly from the 60¢ or so that it was at. It's still not good enough, but I still have hope for the FB3 to find it's way to out living rooms, in some fashion. :)

It would also be nice to see Atari get along with Activision again. While the 8-bits didn't have quite as large of an Activision library as the 2600, it did have a few gems buried in there. Beamrider, Dreadnaught Factor, Hacker (Wow, that brings back memories), Megamania, Zenji, and Zone Raiders would all make wonderful additions. At the very least, their relative rarity makes them interesting titles to include. :)

On second thought, does Hacker require a keyboard? My memory is a bit fuzzy. A lack of keyboard is a big reason why games like Mindshadow couldn't be included. :(

Ah yes, Zenji would be a GREAT addition to the FB3 library. Simple game but yet the grids are so complexly laid out. Pure fun for me.

Was there any mention of the Flashback 3 (or any hardware for that matter) by Atari at E3?

As far as I know they didn't. I think the basic announcements were that Infogrames sold off a bunch of stuff on 5/10 - including stuff like Stuntman (potentially the Paradigm studio w/ it), Timeshift & Games.com.

They also announced Battlezone PSP, Alone in the Dark for the 360/PS3, and Earthworm Jim and Arthur and the Minimoys for handhelds.

Really nothing on the classic Atari front (except Battlezone).

Was there any mention of the Flashback 3 (or any hardware for that matter) by Atari at E3?

As far as I know they didn't. I think the basic announcements were that Infogrames sold off a bunch of stuff on 5/10 - including stuff like Stuntman (potentially the Paradigm studio w/ it), Timeshift & Games.com.

They also announced Battlezone PSP, Alone in the Dark for the 360/PS3, and Earthworm Jim and Arthur and the Minimoys for handhelds.

They sold off TimeShift? That sucks, I was hoping to play it sometime soon. It probably would have done well for them too.

It also sucks that no FB3 was there, but I still have my hopes up for it to get to us someday.

They sold off TimeShift? That sucks, I was hoping to play it sometime soon. It probably would have done well for them too.

It also sucks that no FB3 was there, but I still have my hopes up for it to get to us someday.

Well, they sold TimeShift to Vivendi Universal, so at least it will still see the light of day.

The less that they think the FB3 is a viable product, the better the odds are that it will see the light of day in a way we can appreciate.

What are the odds that they're going to sell the FB3 off *and* the company that acquires it is going to move Curt along with it? Not-very-good... in my opinion.

I personally would rather see Curt involved in the project. You get a bunch of engineers butchering his original design for a company that has no involvement *with* Curt... and the FB3 is likely to end up a Jakks handheld PNP game with one of their game-key contraptions... BEST case scenario. Worst case, it is something that makes the FB1 seem like a brilliant product.

Atari/Infogrames *releasing* the FB3 would be an excellent proposition, as well. I'd be OK with that... because again, Curt's design and Curt would almost definetly be involved.

And I think that is the key to it being successful and satisfying us.

Really? Gee, I must've missed an invite to a meeting... Don't know what Fb3 Bruno is referring to, but I'd be curious to hear since the PAL FB2's are still sitting here and Atari never got those commissioned for release either.

Curt

Hi Guys,

I had a short informal discussion with Bruno Bonnell (CEO of Atari / Infogrames) this afternoon at E3 and the Flashback 3 is still happening.

As soon as I'm allowed, I'll write more about it.

Hang in there ! (Gambatene Koudassai !)

AB.

They're probably going to slap another 2600 compilation together (Nintendo on a chip based) and call it an FB3. Most likely has nothing to do with the original version presented here.

Really? Gee, I must've missed an invite to a meeting... Don't know what Fb3 Bruno is referring to, but I'd be curious to hear since the PAL FB2's are still sitting here and Atari never got those commissioned for release either.

Curt

Hi Guys,

I had a short informal discussion with Bruno Bonnell (CEO of Atari / Infogrames) this afternoon at E3 and the Flashback 3 is still happening.

As soon as I'm allowed, I'll write more about it.

Hang in there ! (Gambatene Koudassai !)

AB.

The less that they think the FB3 is a viable product, the better the odds are that it will see the light of day in a way we can appreciate.

What are the odds that they're going to sell the FB3 off *and* the company that acquires it is going to move Curt along with it? Not-very-good... in my opinion.

I personally would rather see Curt involved in the project. You get a bunch of engineers butchering his original design for a company that has no involvement *with* Curt... and the FB3 is likely to end up a Jakks handheld PNP game with one of their game-key contraptions... BEST case scenario. Worst case, it is something that makes the FB1 seem like a brilliant product.

There's no FB3 for them to sell off, AFAIK the proto is Curt's/Legacy's. Unless you meant give the project in general to someone else?

I wouldn't be surprised at something like that considering how long things have been in the air with them.

The PAL FB2's are sitting here in my office, Atari didn't commission and pay for their development, it was done independently, as everyone knows, the NSTC 2600 chip and PAL chip are have numerous differences, making them completely independant of one another. so Atari doesn't own them and they will unfortunately sit here and gather dust on the development shelf, they are only FPGA's and not product ASIC's inside.

The truly sad thing is, next them is a portable FB2 design and the initial breadboards of the FB3.

Curt

There are PAL FB2's sitting around and Atari/Infogrames have simply not commissioned them for release?

Oh, cruel world!!

The PAL FB2's are sitting here in my office, Atari didn't commission and pay for their development, it was done independently, as everyone knows, the NSTC 2600 chip and PAL chip are have numerous differences, making them completely independant of one another. so Atari doesn't own them and they will unfortunately sit here and gather dust on the development shelf, they are only FPGA's and not product ASIC's inside.

The truly sad thing is, next them is a portable FB2 design and the initial breadboards of the FB3.

Curt

There are PAL FB2's sitting around and Atari/Infogrames have simply not commissioned them for release?

Oh, cruel world!!

Would love to see a pic of that portable FB2 ... sigh.....