IGNORED

Video Game Bible Finally Dead?

Andy Slaven was at the Dallas vgXpo this past weekend. I spoke to him a bit and Video Game Bible isn't dead. I wasn't aware that the website was down, though (doesn't come up for me, either). And that, "To return in 2005" sounds like it's on track. He will be at PhillyClassic in November.

..Al

Yep, I'm still alive. :) I changed the payment info for the site, around the time that it was up for renewal...so it should be back up (in it's deminished form) within the week. Still on schedule to bring back a full site before the end of the year. I've been keeping quiet for the past year or so, busy with work, and trying to keep busy working on some things for the hobby. I'm sure once the site is back up, it'll cause a stir if for no other reason than nobody though it would ever happen. :D

Andy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Not dead, only sleeping... Trust me.

So is it still sleeping or what?

Holy digging up old posts Batman.

VGB has nothing to do with Andy anymore. He has sold the name and moved on.

Tempest

Benn waiting patiently for 18 months.

Man, that's what I get for trusting you ;)

To answer your question:

http://www.amazon.com/Video-Game-Bible-198...6862&sr=8-1

A few not too fond reviews.

I'm not sure what linking to old reviews of the book has anything to do with whether or not the site is still up. But I found the book to be pretty good for a 1st edition. Yes it has errors and omissions, but so does every other guide (including the DP guide). It's almost impossible not to...

One thing I liked about the VGB is that it had little blurbs about almost every game, not just a select few. To me that made it a more interesting read.

Tempest

To answer your question:

http://www.amazon.com/Video-Game-Bible-198...6862&sr=8-1

A few not too fond reviews.

I'm not sure what linking to old reviews of the book has anything to do with whether or not the site is still up. But I found the book to be pretty good for a 1st edition. Yes it has errors and omissions, but so does every other guide (including the DP guide). It's almost impossible not to...

One thing I liked about the VGB is that it had little blurbs about almost every game, not just a select few. To me that made it a more interesting read.

Tempest

Appears I misunderstood some things. Looking at the dates I realize that the OP was wondering if a new updated book/site was being released, not referring to the initial release of which I linked. My bad for the confusion.