IGNORED

Rumoured game you most want to see.

The_Laird

Which of these rumoured or missing 7800 games would you most like to see discovered?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these rumoured or missing 7800 games would you most like to see discovered?

• Rampart
    • Missile Command
    • Gauntlet
    • Sky Fox
    • Plutos
    • Pacland
    • Electrocop
    • Moon Patrol
    • Missing In Action

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I voted for Missing Im Action. I read that it exists from the post, but it sure would be nice to have a completed game of this for the system

It exists but has never been shared since being first unveiled at Philly Classic almost 4 years ago. These screen shots that Atari Age took at the show are all that have ever been shared.

post-1046-1144360484_thumb.jpg

post-1046-1144360585_thumb.jpg

post-1046-1144360663_thumb.jpg

Edited by DracIsBack

I voted for Missing Im Action. I read that it exists from the post, but it sure would be nice to have a completed game of this for the system

It exists but has never been shared since being first unveiled at Philly Classic almost 4 years ago. These screen shots that Atari Age took at the show are all that have ever been shared.

Ya and that really pisses me off too cause I would love to buy a copy of this game.

I'd like to see Missing In Action, mainly because that's the type of game genre that the 7800 was lacking........ Gauntlet would have been nice, but Dark Chambers fills in that gap in the library, even though it's not as good as Gauntlet. Electrocop would have been a great console game, but I wonder how well the 7800 could pull it off. Rampart would have been good, as a nice cerebral action/puzzle game. I don't know which one to choose, to be honest. The 7800 needed all these games to fill out it's thin software library.

But with MIA sitting right there in someones possesion that says they want to sell copies of the game, they sure do take there sweet ass time putting any effort into the project, Oh ya wait they are not doing anyhting at all with it I alwmost forgot :angry:

I can't remember where the situation behind MIA was explained, I think it had something to do with there being an issue in getting it to run on the real hardware or something like that. (Perhaps that was Plutos or some other games)

Either way I think it would be useful to have a sticky thread explaining the situation behind these 7800 that were lost, found and are not being shared. :)

Ya and that really pisses me off too cause I would love to buy a copy of this game.

Hi Shawn

right so,i would like to see MIA too.

greetings Gambler172

• 8 years later...

Another old thread dug up, but not sure if there's an Official Lost Games Thread?

UK Press reported on a few things i could'nt see listed here:

Zero had a very early preview of:Chronicles Of Cute.

Raze claimed Atari would be showing of 7800 Turrican at latest UK event.

C+VG told potential 7800 owners they could expect the following conversions from home micro's to 7800:

Eliminator (Hewson), Black Lamp (Firebird), Technocop and Deflektor (Gremlin).

So all these really ought to be added to any Lost Games type list, Chronicles Of Cute espically as we have 'proof' that at least was started.

Few details on said Chronicles Of Cute:

By London Software Designs.Coded by Colin Huges, Graphics by Alan Tomkins.
Said to be a 4 level affair, playing as either a boy or girl, out to save brother or sister.You'd jump/fight your way past mutated insect life, price to be £15.
If anyone wants screens, just find Zero Magazine issue 3, look at page 57.

:-) i know posting in long dead threads is often frowned apon, but sometimes it's nice to return to threads to update status on 'Lost' games as new information is found (or better still, actual games!) and more titles can be added/crossed off.

Done the 7800, A8 (few more to go in both i think), Lynx.Not really a 2600 fan, in terms of lost games, had 1 at the time, loved it, but never returned to it, 5200 never owned, ST Lost Games you'll find covered in article i helped Darran Doyle with, for ST Gamer.
And updated the Jaguar games list with info i've picked up on my travels interviewing folks for ST Gamer etc.

And lastly re:UK mag claiming Turrican was on show at Atari event:

Raze (Jan'91) reporting on Atari's 6-City Tour (6 railway caoaches packed with Atari hardware and software visting:Bristol, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Glasgow and Birmingham) said visitors could see the 7800 console and....

'..2 very exciting new numbers:Impossible Mission and Turrican'

Would love to know if this info came from the Atari P.R release sent to the magazine to promot tour.

Another old thread dug up, but not sure if there's an Official Lost Games Thread?

UK Press reported on a few things i could'nt see listed here:

Zero had a very early preview of:Chronicles Of Cute.

Raze claimed Atari would be showing of 7800 Turrican at latest UK event.

C+VG told potential 7800 owners they could expect the following conversions from home micro's to 7800:

Eliminator (Hewson), Black Lamp (Firebird), Technocop and Deflektor (Gremlin).

So all these really ought to be added to any Lost Games type list, Chronicles Of Cute espically as we have 'proof' that at least was started.

I can tell you that Eliminator, Black Lamp, and Deflektor has been on Atari's Mast Long Part Number listing for a long time. I know that Turrican actually was mentioned in Atari 7800 rumor mill inside DP's 7th edition of the Collector's guide.

Chronicles of Cute and Technocop is new to me for the Atari 7800 in terms of lost games since I had no idea about two games being started and thanks for the info.

Edited by 8th lutz

@CPUWIZ

That'd be a pretty amazing achivement for me, coding a ZX Spectrum game, given well, fact i never owned a Spectrum (though i did have a ZX81), cannot code...erm, basically not who you mistake me for (and that was cleared up months back)...nor am i Spartacus...these probably are'nt the droids your looking for....

I did pass my C.A.D exam, but that was 20+ years ago, but Speccy coding...nope.

If your looking for someone to code something on Speccy, may i suggest WOS forum?

:-)

Glad the Chronicles Of Cute info went down well.

Said copy of Zero Magazine was the only place i ever saw it.Just the preview text and screens from the showing how sprites were drawn/would appear in-game.It did say artist used his own face (male) to base the womans face model on....

Edited by Lost Dragon

Is it possible someone could get the Zero scan 'up' on here? i'vesaid mag page on HDD, but no PC so cannot put it up, happy to forward to someone who can though.

Message me if your happy to do that, i'll email it over.

It's Friday night though, just ask for 'Susan' Lost Dragon's my working name....

:-)

No reason the on-cart sound chip HAS to be a POKEY, right? It could just as lief be a YM2151, an AY8910, or who knows what else?

I don't think there's an A8 version - but I could be wrong - but I do know there's a C64 version and, of course, an NES version. Either could be ported to the 7800 but if it were to require the XM, it could not only use the 128K RAM but also the onboard YM2151 and thus use the arcade audio portion for that. The XM's POKEY could be used for sfx.

No reason the on-cart sound chip HAS to be a POKEY, right? It could just as lief be a YM2151, an AY8910, or who knows what else?

As long as the cartridge PCB supports it and of course the game is written to send data to it, a sound chip other than POKEY could be utilized.

Probably would not be the most cost effective way of doing things and could become quite expensive and labor intensive doing it per game/per cart, a better idea may be to have the chip centralized in some sort of pass through device and...oh, wait :grin:

• Like 1