IGNORED

The best atari 2600 game ever!

liquid_sky

I especially like how the expertly drawn artwork accurately describes the game and how exciting the description of the game makes me want to run out there and buy it. Will I be too fast? Too slow? I am in suspense. And the minimalist scoring system is so perfect. It makes pong look like cold fusion.

Laser Blast is one of those games that you either "get into" or you just hate. I guess either the gameplay works for you or it doesn't because it really doesn't offer much else (bland graphics, reptative gameplay).

Zaxxon was alright if you weren't told it was Zaxxon. Just give it a new name like "Galactic Cooridor" and forget it had anything to do with the arcade game. Then it's not such a bad game. If you compare it to the real Zaxxon it's horrid!

Tempest

King Atari, I think at this point I would like to take a Xenophobe cart and beat you with it, but you'd probably like that too, and say "no cart beats you up quite like Xenophobe, it is the best cart to get beat up by." Why don't you and the cart get a room already! Holy Mack-arel!

And besides, everyone knows that THIS is the greatest Atari game ever. Oh the hours I have lost to this game. What fun!

Now you've dragged me into your little game!!!!

Susceptable Stan

If I had bought this game and played it endlessly, maybe I wouldn't have finished with a 42 final semester average (including like a 13 on a mid-term exam if I recall) in my college business calculus class...

quote:

Originally posted by StanJr:

King Atari, I think at this point I would like to take a Xenophobe cart and beat you with it, but you'd probably like that too, and say "no cart beats you up quite like Xenophobe, it is the best cart to get beat up by." Why don't you and the cart get a room already! Holy Mack-arel!

And besides, everyone knows that
is the greatest Atari game ever. Oh the hours I have lost to this game. What fun!

Susceptable Stan

Ive never had the displeasure of "playing" Karate. I remember seeing it as a kid at the local Kiddi City cheap and after seeing the back of the box thinking...."Man what crappy graphics.... Probably just as bad as Laser Blast if thats possible?"

Basic Math doesn't count in my book as its more a learning tool (I use the term lightly)and not a real game...Or is it? I dunno I dont think I ever "played" that one either.

PitBull.... I came close to bidding on that SkeetShoot...Apollo did have cool box art. I let you have it cuz I know you secretly love to play it.

utamav91 check your head! Laser Blast was Activisions turd. Sure they had pretty boxes like liveinabin said...But damn that was like putting perfume on a pig.

I never hated Zaxxon.... Just think Tempest is right, would have been better off leaving the name Zaxxon off the cart altogether.

Soooooo whats the 2nd "best" Atari game EVER!!!????? Haha.

quote:

And besides, everyone knows that THIS is the greatest Atari game ever. Oh the hours I have lost to this game. What fun!

Susceptable Stan

WELL EXCUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEE MMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

You is mean, Stan Jr.

[ 02-19-2002: Message edited by: King Atari ]

quote:

Originally posted by StanJr:

And besides, everyone knows that
is the greatest Atari game ever. Oh the hours I have lost to this game. What fun!

I was LOL on this one, but seriously, StanJr., and other fans, as far as Im concerned the greatest game of ALL TIME, not just on the 2600, is this wonder: http://www.atariage.com/cart_page.html?Sof...wareLabelID=907

unlike basic math, you dont even have to think to play this game. Kind of like in real life eh???

quote:

You know ol' Stan loves ya like the Xenophobe lovin' sociopath that you are!

WHEW! I was sweating it out for a minute! I certainly don't want to cause any fights! Sorry about the horizontal thing, I didn't know it would do that. Anyways, the whole point about me ranting about the game is to annoy the h*ll out of everyone, apparently I have achieved success (YES!). I shall fix the horizontal thingy, though.

Awww c'mon guys & gals, I always though Laser Blast was a great game, I had (sniff.) the patch and everything, I got my mother to sew it onto a ballcap! Come to think of it I had all the Starmaster ones and a bunch of others. Alas they are gone with the ravages of time, they probably all got tossed in the trash when we moved in '85. oh. the horror.

as always,

Markimus of K.