IGNORED

Whatever happened to...

StanJr

yer kidding right? (Sega guy, not YOU sky)

The Activision quest was something liquid_sky started to see if he could claim all the Activision patches. Then we all started jumping in and it became a scoring competition. All jolly good fun!

[ 04-23-2002: Message edited by: StanJr ]

Mr. Sega Genesis,

Pressure Cooker is a really cool game. You can read Stan Jr.'s own review of it at Atarinvader.com.

Can't seem to get a direct link to it to paste here, but just go to the "Articles" section on the main page.

You can also check out this link for more info:

http://www.atariage.com/software_page.html...wareLabelID=375

In the meantime, for jaybird and anyone interested, here's the SeaQuest picture I took for the Activision Quest, documenting my 251230 score:

SeaQuest

and, since I'm at it, my 203530 at Spider Fighter:

Spider Fighter

Had to relay on a photo-hosting website since it looks like my webspace is not accessible tonight...

ciao,

Rasty.-

Thanks jay, but I'm pretty sure you could beat it, just need some motivation!

I love playing the games "on the iron", and this also keeps a little from cheating if people submit shots from the tv (harder to photoshop and to use codes).

Actually, anyway, I've been thinking about the Activision Quest pretty much over the past few months, and have been evaluating the idea of starting a generic 2600 hi-score page with automated scripts and stuff like that. But the main danger going with exposing the contests too much is cheaters, while I think the Activision Quest has been successful because it was known to mostly only AtariAge boards memebers, and that usually means quality

Anyway, what would you think about reliving the Imagic Match, having a contest on Imagic titles?

I could probably find the time to write some scripts, but need some PHP, ASP or Perl host with a DB, and would definitely not have the time to manage the site..

Of course I could also write some scripts for the Activision Quest, free-time permitting!

Guess using JavaScript or Flash would be too tricky, mostly because I don't see how you could save the scores on the web server, and my poor JS skills wouldn't allow me to, anyway ..

Oh well, too much writing tonight, time to get some sleep here!

greets,

Rasty.-

quote:

Originally Posted by Jaybird -

posted 04-23-2002 11:32 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I loved the Quest in it's short life last year. It really inspired me to play the heck out of the Atari.

I played SeaQuest so much trying to get Stan's top score that I never want to eat fish again.

It wasn't Stans top score - it was mine! The site stopped being updated though due to aforementioned reasons and the scores never went up though. Scores for Seaquest and Spider Fighter were submitted to Liquid_Sky.

Adam

[ 04-23-2002: Message edited by: Fretwobbler ]

Fretwobbler,

What was your high score? I know I tried and tried, but could never get it.

Heck, I even tried again tonight (218,200), but can't even get close to Rasty's. Something about that wave of 3's when you hit 200,000 that keeps stumping me. And, I seem to lose all my lives in bunches around that time. I lost every life tonight on the same screen. Ugg...

Stan, if we go ahead and continue the Quest here on the boards, I'll be glad to post your pictures for you. I have a 5 MB limit with my ISP, but I can find more free hosting space somewhere on the net if we need it.

Seaquest was somewhere around 270,000 ish.

I seem to recall some Stampede scores coming in towards the end as well but I'm crap at stampede and cant remember any of them. - Stan even documented the sequence of the animals - including the 'bum steer's' .

Adam

[ 04-24-2002: Message edited by: Fretwobbler ]

Yep, twingalaxies is a reference but trying to beat a score some unknown ppl put up 20 years ago is not near as fun as competing almost live with fellow atarians..

Also, twingalaxies' top scores are usually a bit TOO top

Rasty.-

Yep,

I'd rather compete with my fellow AtariAge buddies than a 999,999 SeaQuest score someone got in 1983.

I'd have to see a picture of that to believe it, by the way. The next closest is 380,000, which I guess could be done, but anyone who has played SeaQuest at any length will know 999,999 is darn near impossible

This is for everyone who doesn't have any space to use for uploading pics.

You can go to:

http://www.tripod.lycos.com/

and sign up for an account there and get 20MB of free space to use for uploading pics.

I'm at work and all I had game related to try out was this Tecmo Super Bowl screen shot, but as you can see, it does work!

It's really easy to upload pics to, but if anyone has any problems getting theirs up, you can shoot me an email at:

slamagic32@hotmaill.com

and I'll answer any questions you may have.

Good luck!

blowout.gif

[ 04-24-2002: Message edited by: jaybird ]

Bummer!

Seems Tripod is smarter than I thought. I guess they have some kind of block that won't allow you to use them to host your files for use anywhere but on their sites.

The pic you upload will work fine for a couple of minutes, but then it switches to the "Image Hosted by Tripod" banner.

I'll keep looking for an alternative for you guys...

jay,

it looks like the picture works if you copy&paste its URL in a new, blank browser. This security measure that prevents the picture to be displayed is taken by most free hosts to prevent massive bandwidth usage by off-site links (like pictures on a message board!).

I'm using http://www.villagephotos.com instead. It only allows 8.0mb of bandwidth usage per day but if you link the pic like I did (no inline image but rather a hyperlink to the picture) it should be enough.

Let me know if it fits your needs...

greets,

Rasty.-

Rasty,

I think that will do it. It'll also save people from having to load a bunch of images when they open the thread.

I'm still using Tripod to host my images for this, since they have 20 MB of storage, so let's try it and see:

TEST

If this works, then Stan and the guys will have a way to post their scores for everybody to see!