IGNORED

phillyclassic

Elvis8Atari

I just got back here to michigan and I just loved the show but I must say that it was smaller than I that it was going to be. I never got a chance to meet Albert and if there was a banner or a sign from Atariage there I did not see it, O well I still had fun but next time I think I'll fly in because 8 1/2 hours in a car with a 1 year old is not very fun.

quote:

Originally posted by ATARIPITBULL:

I just got back here to michigan and I just loved the show but I must say that it was smaller than I that it was going to be. I never got a chance to meet Albert and if there was a banner or a sign from Atariage there I did not see it, O well I still had fun but next time I think I'll fly in because 8 1/2 hours in a car with a 1 year old is not very fun.

ataripitbull,

how many people were there?? and how many tables of sellers?? find anything good?

Take care,

Rick

I picked up two copies, they had about 250 copies of bugs and like most people said they were only selling 1 per person so I had my wife stand in line behind me. I had both copies signed by the man him self and he even signed one of the copies to my son. They said that if later on in the day that if they still had extra copies left over then they would sell as many as a person wanted to buy but we left shortly after buying these two bugs bunny's and two copies of POLO.

quote:

Originally posted by rick weis:

ataripitbull,

how many people were there?? and how many tables of sellers?? find anything good?

Take care,

Rick

I worked the registration table, and we had over 900 people attend throughout the weeked, that's almost 3 times more then last year. There where approximatly 2 dozen vendors/exhibitors. The press coverage of the show was really amazing, the local ABC, CBS, and FOX affilities where there, so was a crew from VH1, and I am told CNN Headline news, although I didn't see that one.

I have posted some pics of the show on the Classic Gaming General board.

Dan

I had a good time at the Philly Classic. The Valley Forge Radison / Expo building was big enough to hold everyone and keep it from getting overcrowded / overheated. It was tough to find time to talk to everyone and snoop at each table, and play games.

Keeping on-subject with this '2600' forum, I just got a 2600! So at Philly I nabbed a number of once-beloved commons: Phoenix, Pac-Man (for laughs), Kaboom!, River Raid, Reactor, Night Driver, Adventure, and Yars Revenge.

I also nabbed Jr. Pac-Man, which I believe is not very common at all and is a great 2600 game! And finally I bought Bugs Bunny, which I hadn't intended to buy originally, but after seeing it played on the TV there, I just had to have it.

Philly Classic is equal parts game playing, treasure hunting, bartering, unmasking internet aliases. I also snagged Rolenta's 3rd edition of his book Phoenix, something I've been wanting for a while now, and I got some Jag games too. I didn't buy Protector SE from Carl/Songbird Productions because it was $75 and I had already spent too much, but I really must get this awesome Jag game!

I also snagged Ecco Jr for Genesis, which I've always wanted to try, and Sega Saturn's Three Dirty Dwarves which I've searched for quite a while.

Also got to meet Al from Atari Age for the first time (crazy Atari nut drove the entire way from Texas! Those Texans don't do anything small, do they? ). I had already met most of the DP guys; I don't think I met you, Scott, unless I didn't realize who you were. Got to meet Dan Boris and Ronen Habot for the first time (funny how nobody looks how you imagine them), got to talk at length with Bob Polaro and Mr & mrs "Atari2600.com", met Joe Grand and Curt Vendel and many others.

Arcade games were awesome as usual, with Dragon's Lair and Space Ace and Tron taking up most of my time; they had sit-down Atari Star Wars and Night Driver too, wow I hadn't played those in so many years. I'm going to write up a feature this week over at Gaming-Age and put up some pics I took too.

Ugh ... the drive home tonight was tough, it was dark and rainy and the PA turnpike had many narrow sections that are being repaired. Caféman ... over & out (& tired!).

I didn't pick up a copy of Bugs Bunny. I wanted one but I figured I could buy about five or six cheap games that I didn't have yet as opposed to just one game for 40 dollars. I got Private Eye, Squeeze Box, california games, raquettball, Star Trek and a few NES games for under 40$. One guy wanted 85 dollars for rubiks cube and I laughed. it's not even worth close to that.