IGNORED

Killing Time on PS1, Saturn?

Duke 4ever

Look at this ad. I remember seeing it a long time ago and being excited about Killing Time coming to the playstation. But I never saw it released except for the 3DO and PC versions. Not even mentioned in DP's rarity guide!

Can anyone help?

post-4832-1131425043_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duke 4ever

Here's what I found:

A cheat code and a review. This page says it was published by "The 3DO company" but it's got a Playstation heading. Not sure what that means. Released in 1995,which, if I'm not mistaken, and I probably am, was the year the PS came out. According to that tiny review, and edited for grammar, "Killing Time was developed for the 3DO in [the] first place, [and] later it was converted to the PC."

I can help out quiet a bit on this one, as killing time is one of my guilty pleasures on the 3DO. The game was supposed to be ported to the PS and Saturn, but Acclaim decided not to release it after the lackluster sales of other 3DO games they converted to the PS and SS. The bummer here is that the version of killing time that was to be released was fixed by the 3DO company. The frame rate and transparency issues found in the 3DO, PC, and Mac versions were fixed. 3DO was later going to release the game on their own, but later just scrapped the project. There is a master copy of this game for the PS and SS in existance, but now that Acclaim is defunct, have fun.

As far as the Saturn goes, it got plagued by at least three other games that were finished but not released. Blood Omen Legacy Of Kain, which is a finished game, Hell A Cyberpunk Adventure by Take 2 Entertainment, and Syndicate Wars, which again, was a finished Game! :(