IGNORED

Games Revealed at PhillyClassic

Albert

I don't have much time to write a lengthy PhillyClassic report right now, but I did want to post a brief message regarding the games that were shown by the CGE folks at PhillyClassic3. These were:

- Crack'ed (2600, Atari)

- Pick Up (2600, Fox)

- Save the Whales (2600, Fox)

- Chuck Norris: Missing in Action (7800, TNT)

I have taken pictures and video of all these games in action and will include them in my lengthy report when I return to Austin. Just thought everyone would be interested in hearing this. I have sent Alex some pictures that he will hopefully post sometime today.

In brief, I had a great time at PhillyClassic! I met many people from the boards and many others in the Atari community whom I never had the pleasure of meeting before (such as Curt Vendel). I snapped up at least 200 pictures, plus took lots of video, all of which will make it on the site.

We had a single table near the middle of the floor, so we were easy to miss unless you were looking for us. But I did have AtariAge signs hanging on the table, as well as on a building support that was right next to our table (which somewhat obscured the view of the table if you were walking by the adjoining corridor, but oh well). We were selling Joe Grand's SCSIcide (with a special PhillyClassic label, the creation of which will fill several amusing paragraphs), as well as Brian Eno's Warring Worms (making its first classic gaming show appearance). We weren't selling anything else out of the booth, although I did manage to do some trading. We had two 7800 systems setup for people to play, one with Warring Worms and the other with SCSIcide. Joe Grand and Matt Reichert spent a lot of time in the booth, which allowed me to roam the floor to talk with people, take pictures/video, and shop for my collection.

I was able to meet Bob Polaro, who was at the show promoting Bugs Bunny at the Atari2600.com booth. He's a great guy and it was fun talking with him. I met many other people as well, too many for my feeble brain to remember at the moment. But I will detail all my encounters later, many of which involve pictures, muhahahahah. Thanks to everyone who stopped by our booth to say hello! Overall, I give the show a big thumb's up!!

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by Curt Vendel:

I wanted to fly too.... don't think the stuff would've fit in the overhead storage on the plane though
;-)

Curt

I don't think it would have fit if you had an entire 747 to yourself!

Kidding aside Curt had a great display. It was really cool to see some of the prototype stuff in person, instead of just as pictures on his site.

Dan

quote:

Originally posted by Albert:

Joe Grand and Matt Reichert spent a lot of time in the booth, which allowed me to roam the floor to talk with people, take pictures/video, and shop for my collection.

HEY! I watched the booth a little on Friday night! Where's the love Al??? Just kidding, dude, you were the super coolest.

Curt's exhibit was totally sweet. AND I got to play CASTLE BLAST!! Old Guru was there with his team and they let people demo it on the 5200 cabinet. Its totally sweet!!!

[ 04-29-2002: Message edited by: StanJr ]