IGNORED

So, What was your Best 2600 Game..

Joel D. Park

As I stated earlier in another thread...I have to have surgery done on my wrist for that. Only the Tennis Elbow or Atari Thumb would have been slight nerve damage which could be healed. In my case I developed a full blown infection to the nerve requiring it to be removed entirely. The after effects had a good and bad point. The good was that now...I could theoretically play Atari more often without needing to fear of the pain or condition coming back. The bad was that without the nerve...I had to relearn how to play back to my old level...which I have never quite gotten back to.

I remember reading or hearing once that rock star Tom Petty had surgery or developed Carpal Tunnel due to playing Pac-Man. Evidence of this was in that video of his that is placed in the future where he and his buddies upcover all that equipment in a tent in the middle of the desert. Tom play a few rounds of pac man in the video and then finally pushes the cabinet over and shoots it with his revolver. I am pretty sure that was a inside joke regarding his carpal tunnel from playing the game.

CB_Sig.gif

Here are my favorites:

Star Wars: The Arcade Game, Moon Patrol,

Crystal Castles, Smurf, Solaris, Pitfall II,

Stargate, Defender, Missile Command, Joust,

Fatal Run, Enduro, Joust, Solar Fox, Ms Pac-

Man, Decathlon, F 14-Tomcat, Kung-Fu Master,

Road Runner, Klax, Chopper Command, Wing War,

Phoenix, Mr. DO, Popeye, Q*bert, Ghostbusters, Circus Atari

and the loosers are:

Space War, Demon Attack,

E.T., Pac-Man, Jr. Pac-Man, Mouse Trap, BMX-Air-Master, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes

Back, Star Wars: Jedi Arena, Air-Sea-Battle,

Vanguard, Donkey Kong, Dragonfire, Congo Bongo, Street Racer, Demons to Diamonds

i started with ghost manor and a 6-switch ... and the end of the day, i couldn't hear that final melody anymore .... so on the next day my father had to buy me a new game ... hehe

and as every good game was more than 50$ in germany, i quickly jumped on to my father's apple //c, and started retyping pac-man in applesoft basic ...

only a few years ago the 2600fever got me again, and i hunt for every game i don't have, planning an exposition soon and a book/website.

my favs at the moment are klax and beamrider

... and my personal "alphanumeric madness"-cart

greetings

fish

I have never really been a consisten player, but I maxxed out Chopper Command (I loved this one) at 999,999 points, and once got eligible for the Starmaster patch and once got a perfect score on Pitfall 2. Those were 3 of the best games ever.

As far as favorite games, I love Crystal Castles, Q*Bert, Ms Pac, Warlords, Yar's, and Solaris. ET wasn't spectacular.. Until I found out how to do the easter egg. The game took on a whole different dimension after that.

I believe I got my money's worth out of Tunnel Runner and Beam Rider. Robot Tank was another real favorite, and one that I actually did better at many years later (held the Twin Galaxies record for a short while!). The best memory was playing Battlezone with a good friend of mine. We would crack a couple beers, and hand off the controller when we lost a man. "Here's a little American copper tip for ya, Abdul! (missile fired - Blam!) Not politically correct, but no injuries were incurred. And many hours spent solving Mindmaster and Dragonstomper by Starpath (remember how cool waiting for the Supercharger to load was?). And that's why we are here, now.

• 11 months later...