IGNORED

PS1 protos?

PS143V3R

Saturn version was the best one in terms of gameplay and sound minus some minor glitches with Raiden's "shock" move.

PS1 version for Japan is awful. Loading time is a monstrosity.

The Genesis and 32X versions are very good, but faster than the arcade, and you can't do ducking Low Punches.

SNES version is good, but slightly choppy.

• 3 weeks later...

I am also interested in learning how to get my hands on PSX prototypes/ISOs. I just set up my old PSX to run imports and what not (yeah, I am behind the curve). I have a copy of Thrill Kill, but it is a little buggy, and I managed to scrape up a PAL version, but haven't tried that on my PSX yet. That was apparently one of those games that never made it to real production, so I think the only way to play it is burn disc, and a modded PSX. At least you aren't dipping into anyone's pockets by doing so.

Looking to learn more about this topic in general. It has been a million years since I posted on atariage, and I really don't know why... I think I forgot that I had a membership on the forum (I do belong to a number of forums, funny enough most aren't game related...go figure)!

IF anyone has more info, like titles, and places to pick them up, I would love to hear about it, PM or email, either is fine, if you feel it cannot be discussed on the boards.

Saturn version was the best one in terms of gameplay and sound minus some minor glitches with Raiden's "shock" move.

PS1 version for Japan is awful. Loading time is a monstrosity.

The Genesis and 32X versions are very good, but faster than the arcade, and you can't do ducking Low Punches.

SNES version is good, but slightly choppy.

No way!The Saturn version pauses to load special moves.The music in the Saturn is the same exact music in the Playstation version (which isn't saying much)and nowhere near the quality of the arcade (surprising since both systems are capable of CD sound!)Where is the announcer in the Saturn version?The 32x has more voice than the Saturn port.Gameplay also sucks.The computer is dumbed down compared to the arcade.And sloooow plodding players that walk forward or backwards.Was Saturn MK2 based on the rev. 2.0 chipset?I can do multiple babalities just like the arcade revision.The Saturn had a LONG way of even being close to the arcade.....

Edited by Breakpack

Bwaah!

I managed to dig up a much more functional copy of Thrill Kill than the beta version I had. It's the full uncensored version, and it is surprisingly fun, and a little campy. As a horror genre fan, the gratuitous violence and gore isn't very disturbing, and seems to me like the company (EA) could have made a pretty penny releasing this game. Too bad for them I suppose.

I managed to find a PAL Bubble Bobble 2, which I don't think made it out of the prototype stage (according to www.playstationmuseum.org). I have yet to test the game to see if it is really PAL, but it should be alright... if I can just find a signal converter for my TV...

• 3 weeks later...

yea Elric looks cool, im still looking for that StarCon E3 98 demo (and/or in any form) or any part of the game, I know I saw a few plays talking bout it. Least he released spirit fighter or spirit master whatever its called, but Im not sure if its earlier or later than that playstationmuseum guy which seems to have em all?

spirit4.jpg

Edited by oceanfr

• 1 month later...

yea Elric looks cool, im still looking for that StarCon E3 98 demo (and/or in any form) or any part of the game, I know I saw a few plays talking bout it. Least he released spirit fighter or spirit master whatever its called, but Im not sure if its earlier or later than that playstationmuseum guy which seems to have em all?

spirit4.jpg

Where can I find that spirit fighter? who released it?

• 2 weeks later...