IGNORED

HSC Season 3 Week 28: Quadrun

Ze_ro

Important Note: This week's competition is over, no further scores will be accepted. However, if you still wish to discuss Quadrun and compare future scores, feel free to do so.

Long ago, the peaceful land of Quad was invaded by cruel Captors who rounded up all the helpless inhabitants and imprisoned them in cages. The Captors called their prisoners "Runts". And the name has stuck. Now you've come to Quad to rescue the Runts and destroy their Captors with your special weapon: phaser balls.

Game Information

• Game Name: Quadrun
  • Released By: Atari, 1983
  • Left Difficulty: B / Novice
  • Right Difficulty: B / Novice
  • Game Mode: Default
  • Chosen By: keilbaca

Post your scores right here in this thread, and I will add them to the list. Remember to play the game with the recommended game mode and difficulty settings as shown above so that your scores will be consistent with everyone elses. The deadline for posting scores will be approximately Tuesday, Jan 31st at 1:30 AM (CST). In case you haven't already done so, please read the High Score Club rules. There is other useful information contained in that previous link, including a list of previous High Score Club games!

As before, next week's game will be chosen by the next person in the member list, which happens to be Gateway! Please send me a private message with your choice of game for next week!

If you are not a member of the High Score Club, but would like to be, then all you have to do is post a score for this week's game, and I'll add you to the list!

Current High Scores

1. 109,240 (keilbaca) [+11]
  2. 12,800 (Rom Hunter) [+10]
  3. 9000 (Mad Scientist) [+9]
  4. 8900 (LarcenTyler) [+8]
  5. 8800 (Galaga_Freak) [+7]
  6. 6200 (scogey) [+6]
  7. 5700 (MoonlightKnight) [+5]
  8. 4800 (ClarkyRamone) [+4]
    4800 (leearco) [+4]
  9. 3100 (SpiceWare) [+3]
  10. 1550 (supercat) [+2]
  11. 30 (khryssun) [+1]

Best Tips

• No tips suggested!

Bounties and Challenges

• None yet

TwinGalaxies Top 3

(Default Mode)
  1. 55,710 (Christian Keilback)
  2. 9000 (David B Yancey)
  3. Only Two Scores In Database!

Current Standings

1. Coming Eventually

Member List

Gateway, Damon Plus, gospeedde, Kepone, internetotaku, panda_racer, KaeruYojimbo, cyberneticimplant, bjk7382, davepesc, neotokeo2001, xeex, bmlbytes, Omegamatrix, the 5th ghost, Xebec's Demise, khryssun, vgcollector666, chadtower, moycon, Malc74, shadow460, Atarifever, Keir, supercat, FireTiger, Philflound, Fellow Atari Man, keilbaca, brendano, Cybergoth, durden26, sku_u, mitsubachi, arlo, Recycled, LarcenTyler, silverpoodleman, 128bytes, Goochman, Thomas Jentzsch, Christophero Sly, D.Yancey, mrppv666, Mordax, Numan, Mordax, vdub_bobby, Dones, Gamemaster_ca_2003, scogey, graywest, RJ, Voch, video game addict, SpiceWare, Robert M, Mad Scientist, Dan Iacovelli

Scoring Points in Quadrun

• Goons - 10 pts
  • Snags - 50 pts
  • Yo-Yos - 200 pts
  • Nods - 500 pts
  • Brats - 1000 pts
  • Each completed wave - 1000 pts
  • Each saved Runt - 100 pts
  • 1 Phaser ball at beginning - 2500 pts
  • 2 Phaser balls at the beginning - 5000 pts
  • 3 Phaser balls at the beginning - 10000 pts
  • Destroy every 5th Captor - 1000 pts

Hints and Tips

As always, you really should read the manual.

What's that? You don't have the manual? Well, AtariAge has a typed and a scanned copy of the manual online. Here are the hints it provides:

- When a Brat Captor attacks, run to the opposite side of the screen and "lead it on" in order to destroy it.

- When a Yo-Yo rushes out, go to the spot where it first appeared and wait for it to return - like a yo-yo, it always comes back to where it started. Then hit it with your phaser ball.

- If you're not in a horizontal sector when a Runt escapes from its cage, hit the closest wall in order to move quickly into the horizontal channel and catch the Runt.

- If you have only one phaser ball left and a Captor is about to crash into you, fire the phaser ball (then go catch it!) so that you won't automatically lose it.

--Ze_ro

You just had to pick Quadrun, didn't you? Hoo boy...

1005903[/snapback]

Well I couldn't think of a game quick enough to beat out Cybergoth. I was going to go for Boing! but that has a nice cheating capability. At level 4, you can just bounce around on the 1st board till you roll the score.

I could have picked 100m dash on Decathlon... and kill all your joysticks in the process :P

Edited by keilbaca

A special welcome to Clarky.....from all of us who also suck....but love to play :D

On another note..Ive been dying for someone to pick a game that I could try on my fb2......yay!

1006348[/snapback]

That's also why I picked it. Its the only rare one that most people now have, thanks to the FB2.

Hi there!

Well I couldn't think of a game quick enough to beat out Cybergoth.

Oh, I think I wasn't online at the time. My pick would've been Commando though ;)

BTW: How 'bout playing Winter Games during the Olympics? Don't need to make that as complicated as the Atari-lympics 2 years ago with teams and everything, Just have everyone competing for Gold/Silver/Bronze in all disciplines at once :)

Greetings,

Manuel

• 1 month later...