IGNORED

How many unique 2600 titles do you have?

General Atarian

Do Sears versions count as unique? I assume they don't, but I see them as a lot more unique than a label variation.

I generally consider "uniqueness" based on the code contained in the ROM chip, and not the label (even if the game title is different).

So in my collection I do not treat "Race" as a separate game from "Indy 500" or "Target Fun" from "Air-Sea Battle," for example.

That said, I do still enjoy collecting the Sears variants! (Such imaginitive game titles! Race, Maze, Outer Space, etc. :wink: )

I'm going to kill your mommy with an ax.

OT I suppose, but . . . Atari Master- WTF is up with your signature (quoted above)? Are you doing this for shock value? If so, I guess you win, but I've ignored it as long as I can.

-Matt

Yeah, Marco- do you have some numbers? I'm not telling until you do...

Actually, one of my favorite things was Roloff and Deleto's old site with the 'Total number of Atari 2600 cartridges in Deleto's Collection:' with a sort of cartridgometer. I've been meaning to add that to my collection.

-ian

I have no idea how many unique games I have, I never bothered to sort that out. I collect manufacturer variations, but no label variations. To me, the same game, but in a completely different box/case is just as interesting to own. As a collector, these things matter to me. Only hardcore programmers and hardcore players are too blind to see the richness of the plethora of 2600 games out there. They rather use programs to compare bits in ROMs (this is a joke, Thomas) ;)

I'm currently at 1490 Atari 2600 carts now, of which 1160 are boxed.

Cheers,

Marco

Atari 2600 - 236

Atari 5200 - 31

Atari 7800 - 15

Atari Jaguar - 4

Atari Lynx - 18

ColecoVision - 56

Commodore64 - 15

Dreamcast - 37 (yeah, I know, these aren't carts...) :)

Gameboy - 5

Intellivision - 44

Playstation - 14 (yeah, I know, these aren't carts...) :)

Vectrex - 11