IGNORED

Tomb Raider for Jaguar

adolobe

Ok i was reading over a couple of my old Die Hard GameFans...(best mag in my opinion when out) and there was an interview about the Jaguar by some of the ppl at Core Design. They mentioned that if nintendo was smart they would buy the Jaguar form atari..lol that made me laugh but they also mentioned they were bringing tombraider to the Saturn,Ps,PC and Jaguar didnt mention cd or cart.

SO my question is does anyone know if they actually started any work on this?

Not answering your question ....but with some restrictions on gfx (perhapps world size) I beleive that it is doable..on the jaguar.

I have been surching for a Tomb C source for ages, but havent found any.. usually they release such of old games but i never found any for toomraider..

I could defenitely have a go at trying to converting that engine... ok.. i would do a "Last Ninja 3D" kind of game instead :) but hey nobody is perfect.

I seem to remember it actully came out on the Saturn first, the Jaguar version was supposed to follow Soulstar (and I think BC Racers too). I remember seeing some really really early screens of just scenery and the Lara Croft sprite in magazines but couldn't confirm wether they were definately screens from the Jag CD version but I do believe that work was started as Core Design outsourced Soulstar so they could concentrate on Tomb Raider.