IGNORED

NES Ikari Warriors II: does anybody like this game?

King Atari

I picked up Ikari warriors II: Victory Road for NES recently, and so far I have been rather unimpressed. I do like the voice "C'mon, let's fight!" when you start a game, but I've been finding those pauses a little long, and the gameplay isn't quite as good as the original. So, my question is, does anybody like this game? It's certainly not as good as the original. Also, is this game rare, or even uncommon? I've rarely seen it, but I have no idea.

I bought this game the day it came out after much anticipation, but sadly, the game failed to live up to any expectations I had.

If you recall, the arcade version used a similar graphics engine but also featured some pretty damn cool enhancements as far as weapons and vehicles were concerned. The NES version was a total letdown, from the garbled voices to the fat,chunky sprites that made the game look like some kind of poor knockoff rather than the sequel that it was.

The game was also VERY short. Oh, and the box proudly stated that "voice and morse code" were included in the game. The only place you hear morse code is in the storyboard sequence that occurs if you let the title screen play for a little while.

Is the game rare? Not really, I see these frequently among the used NES games at Gamestop and Planet X. I must agree that Ikari III was far more rare since it came out in the later years of the NES.