IGNORED

HSC Season 4 Week 1: Star Trek

Ze_ro

Important Note: This week's competition is over, no further scores will be accepted. You may still use this thread to discuss Star Trek and compare future scores, but they will not be included in the score listing.

You are the potential Captain of the USS Enterprise. Your train-ing mission: Save the Federation from their most powerful enemy...NOMAD! Fight off marauding Klingons and menacing Anti-Matter Saucers. Destroy them before they destroy you or they will deplete your Strategy Training Units. The longer you survive, the more space dangers you'll encounter. Do you dare to venture where no video game has gone before? Be brave, be bold, be daring...but BEWARE!

Game Information

Post your scores right here in this thread, and I will add them to the list. Remember to play the game with the recommended game mode and difficulty settings as shown above so that your scores will be consistent with everyone elses. The deadline for posting scores will be approximately Thursday, May 4th at 1:30 AM (CST).

If you want to suggest a game for future weeks, please send me a private message and let me know! I will add your game to the list. One one game per person will be kept on the list, so you will not be able to suggest a game until your first game is played!

Anyone can play! Just post a score and I'll add you to the list! Please read the Rules & Information if you haven't already done so!

Current High Scores

1. 658,200 (Lord Thag) [+11]
  2. 539,500 (Rom Hunter) [+10]
  3. 453,900 (shawnb) [+9]
  4. 443,000 (keilbaca) [+8]
  5. 432,800 (Cybergoth) [+7]
  6. 291,000 (SpiceWare) [+6]
  7. 276,200 (Lord Helmet) [+5]
  8. 256,600 (Christophero Sly) [+4]
  9. 191,100 (vdub_bobby) [+3]
  10. 124,700 (scogey) [+2]
  11. 120,000 (Malc74) [+1]
  12. 103,600 (LarcenTyler) [+1]

Best Tips

• None!

Bounties and Challenges

• None yet

TwinGalaxies Top 3

(Difficulty B)
  1. 846,400 (Rodrigo Lopes)
  2. 737,400 (Tom Swingle)
  3. 529,300 (Ron Corcoran)

Current Standings

1. Starting Next Week!
Scoring Points in Star Trek
  • Destroy Klingon cruiser - 100 STU's x (sector + 1)
  • Colliding with Klingon - 100 STU's
  • Destroy Anti-Matter Saucer - 5000 STU's
  • Each remaining green Starbase (not docked with):
    • Sector 0 - 2000 STU's
    • Sector 1 - 5000 STU's
    • Sector 2 - 10000 STU's
    • Sector 3 - 20000 STU's
    • Sector 4 - 25000 STU's
    • Sector 5 and up add an addition 5000 STU's

[*]Each remaining blue Starbase - 500 STU's

[*]Destruction of NOMAD - 30000 STU's

Hints and Tips

As always, you really should read the manual. In case you don't have the manual, AtariAge has a typed copy of it available online. There's a lot of information on there, so I suggest you read it! Here are the main hints it provides:
  • Keep the Enterprise moving - Klingons can't easliy destroy a moving target.
  • Store up Photon Torpedoes for later sectors when enemy Klingons are more numerous.
  • Learn how to get Klingons to persue the Enterprise in a line, and easily destroy them with one Photon blast.
  • The anti-matter saucer always moves away from the Enterprise; to destroy it, make a swift about-face and fire away.
  • Dock with your Starbase in early rounds to build supplies for more difficult rounds.
  • Try NOT to dock in later rounds for increased bonus STU's.
  • In the asteroid field, wind your way through obstacles by lightly moving joystick left or right to turn and immediately let Enterprise center itself. Only for wide sweeping turns should you HOLD the joystick left or right.
  • Be patient, observe MOMAD's movements.
  • NOMAD has a tendency to place mines in a cluster, steer carefully towards the mines to trak NOMAD.
  • Avoid hitting or shooting mines, they will explode and deplete your supplies.
  • Effective use of Warp Drive can allow you to position yourself near NOMAD.

--Ze_ro

Might be a way to adjust your TV pic?

It's an elderly, old and small low budget TV - so I'm already happy that it's colored. I think even if I'd manage to scroll the score in, something else would scroll out at the bottom :lol:

I think the main problem might be that I probably have a NTSC cartridge here.

This is more like it, 658,200. This was one of my favorites as a kid.

Yikes! I just noticed I got third place in the world (or twin galaxies anyway). :-o

Sweet! :cool:

post-6030-1146452738_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lord Thag