IGNORED

Grovers Music Maker Tunes

Tempest

R sounds like an Irish tune.

Has anyone figured out what the exact notes are? If I had time, I would write them down. It may be possible to do a search with google or something and find a website of music sheets or something where you can do a search via the actual note patterns. Just a guess and a suggestion. I'm almost tempted to call my mom and see if she can identify these from her childhood. I will let my friend here them though. He's 45 years old, and a collector of albums. Seems to know a lot about music, so maybe he can come up with an answer.

Phil

R = how about this one " I cant afford a carrage , but you look sweet on the seat of a bicycle built for 2"?yet again not perfect but i can see it..... after the first set of low pitches and when it goes to the high pitch to the end it kinda sounds like ti might fit

That would be "Daisy, Daisy" a.k.a. "Bicycle Built for Two", well known to fans of the film 2001 as the song HAL sings as Dave Bowman removes his processor modules, making him go slower and slower.

I think you may be right - its tempo is on the slow side, and it's missing a beat here and there, but I think it's a good match. EDIT: After listening a few more times, I'm a little less inclined to agree now. I think it may be a different old, almost forgotten song, along the lines of "Old Folks at Home" (a.k.a. "Swanee River") (no, that's not it either).

P is very familiar to me but I can't put a name to it (no, it isn't "Mockingbird").

I have no ideas about S and T.

Edited by A.J. Franzman

• 2 years later...

Sorry, old thread.

I was playing around with Grover's Music Maker today, and made an interesting discovery. I played song "T" over and over and think I have come to a conclusion. "T" was meant to be harmony for the song "H" which is Skip to my Loo. I recorded the songs, and played them the same time with Garage Band, and it seems my hypothesis is correct. Perhaps the programmer was planning on making the songs sound nicer by adding harmony. I will have to check later if the other unknown songs sync up to the others. For now though, here is the mp3 I made. Please note though, song "T" is longer than "H", so thats why you here clapping mid song.

Grover__s_Music_Maker_Merged_H_and_T.mp3

Edited by Wickeycolumbus

Sorry, old thread.

I was playing around with Grover's Music Maker today, and made an interesting discovery. I played song "T" over and over and think I have come to a conclusion. "T" was meant to be harmony for the song "H" which is Skip to my Loo. I recorded the songs, and played them the same time with Garage Band, and it seems my hypothesis is correct. Perhaps the programmer was planning on making the songs sound nicer by adding harmony. I will have to check later if the other unknown songs sync up to the others. For now though, here is the mp3 I made. Please note though, song "T" is longer than "H", so thats why you here clapping mid song.

Maybe, but they don't exactly sync up (and as you pointed out T is longer than H). However the fact that T sounds suspiciously like a modified version of H raises some questions. I fear we'll never know unless we can find the programmer.

Tempest

Sorry, old thread.

Maybe, but they don't exactly sync up (and as you pointed out T is longer than H). However the fact that T sounds suspiciously like a modified version of H raises some questions. I fear we'll never know unless we can find the programmer.

Tempest

I did a quick edit that played song "H" twice. Seems to sync up quite well now.

BTW, do we know who the programmer is?

Grover__s_MM_H_and_T_2.mp3

I think I recognize the tune that is the "harmony" there... it sounds like a song I had in my "Teaching Little Fingers To Play" book. Something like, "Knock-knock-knock-knock someone's knocking" [can't remember words in the middle] "...sounds much better"

Unfortunately, I (obviously) can't remember the rest of the words, but playing the tune through my head does make it understandable how someone might mistake it for the harmony part of STML...

I'll have to listen to the song again to be sure... I just called my parents and asked them to dig the song out (It may be the original tune with other words or something, but I know I've heard it)

EDIT:

(Thanks to my mother for looking this up late at night :) )

A Message (English folk tune)

Tap-tap-tap-tap,

Someone's tapping,

at my door to bring a letter,

tap-tap-tap-tap,

I wish they'd ring,

Our bell sounds much better

Edited by Atariman

I did a quick edit that played song "H" twice. Seems to sync up quite well now.

I still think that's a coincidence, but I've been wrong before.

I think I recognize the tune that is the "harmony" there... it sounds like a song I had in my "Teaching Little Fingers To Play" book. Something like, "Knock-knock-knock-knock someone's knocking" [can't remember words in the middle] "...sounds much better"

Unfortunately, I (obviously) can't remember the rest of the words, but playing the tune through my head does make it understandable how someone might mistake it for the harmony part of STML...

I'll have to listen to the song again to be sure... I just called my parents and asked them to dig the song out (It may be the original tune with other words or something, but I know I've heard it)

Interesting. Let us know what you find out.

Tempest

Interesting. Let us know what you find out.

Tempest

Edited above :) Any other MP3's I can listen to and identify using ancient piano lesson memories?

Do you have an MP3 of this song? Are you sure that it's the same tune as letter T?

The other 3 mystery songs were posted earlier in the thread, have at them. :)

Tempest

Do you have an MP3 of this song? Are you sure that it's the same tune as letter T?

The other 3 mystery songs were posted earlier in the thread, have at them. :)

Tempest

No MP3, but I'm sure I could obtain a scan of the sheet music. There's only one minor difference - I remember the "tap-tap-tap-tap" portion of the song is all the same note, but that portion of the song in 'T' has one higher note in the middle. Other than that, the song sounds identical.

Maybe someone who can read music could verify (or crank out a quick midi file). I'll see if I can get that scan first, though.

EDIT: Listening to T on its own makes me even more sure that it's the song I"m thinking of. I notice that it's longer, though. I wonder if I only had part of the song? Anyway, like I said. I'll post a scan. :)

I can't help but feel like I should know P, but I don't remember enough about it to get anywhere. I may have to point my sisters to this thread as they played from many of the same books I did.

Edited by Atariman

Here's a scan of "A Message". Hopefully this will dissolve the mystery of T :)

post-1161-1238008890_thumb.jpg

I'm not so sure. The first part is pretty close, but there is a second part to T that's different. Unless there is more to this tune than is written here, I think it may be a different song.