IGNORED

NES RE RELEASE!!!!??? *GASP*

I was surfing around at amazon.com and I typed in NES at the video game section... and to my suprise I find them selling NES systems, and most of the old games!!! Am I delusional? If this is true, pinch me, then remind me that this has to be the single GREATEST THING IN CLASSIC GAMING HISTORY!!!

PLEASE DONT TELL ME IM WRONG, BECAUSE IM OFF TO HAVE A NINTENDO CELEBRATION PARTY! WOOOOHOOO!

Your probably right, but this is not unique to the NES, you can buy classic games and systems through Amazon from just about every company that ever released a console. The thing is, that Amazon sells products from numerous vendors around the world, it's not as if they have all that stuff in stock themselves. Other dealers sell merchandise THROUGH Amazon, it's a service. Just type in any console from Atari to Xbox and everything in between and your likely to find it at Amazon. Though that doesn't necessarily mean that your getting the best price, your probably better off searching for internet stores that specialize in video games like here: The Games of all types store (the GOAT store)

Three responses:

#1: Pyramid-Studios --

It isn't Amazon that is selling the NES items, it is stores that are selling the items through Amazon. It isn't the same thing because there is a good chance that there isn't any more than one item per listing.

#2: Gunstar

Thanks for the plug, and you basically said the exact same thing that I did above...

#3: Atariken64

Funcoland is now owned by Barnes and Noble, so I would really doubt that they are going to remanufacture Nintendos. B&N doesn't exactly know video games that well. Also, expect all of the Funcolands/Software ETC/Babbages in your area to soon be named "GameStop" They've already started in the Milwaukee area, with most of the stores already rebranded.

A last note, I finally found myself a NES top-loader system! Got it with two controllers!

I went to Gamestop aka Funcoland yesterday looking for Jaguar stuff (thanks for the weblink to the goatstore dan).

Of course, no Jag stuff but they had A TON, I mean giant bins of NES stuff. All types of controllers, acessories, consoles (top and front loader) and games out the wazoo! Didn't check thier prices though.

On another note, just about every PS one game was $17.99 or up, regardless of quality or date of the game. I thought they'd have good deals.