IGNORED

So... what happened to Opcode Games?

Hi guys... guess what, I am back! :-)

Yeah, I know, I know, I disappeared for a while, stopped game production, didn't reply emails anymore... To be honest I was taking a long break of classic gaming. I had been working for 3 years with CV development and last Christmas I got really sick of everything. So I stopped all developments and just got into other areas of personal interest. Of course I didn't stop playing. In the meanwhile I took my MSX out of the storage bin and played a lot of Snatcher, Aleste and others. And finally I spent the last few weeks on formal vacations.

That was nice and cool, but I am starting to miss the classic gaming and homebrew scene and eager to come back.

So first thing is to get back to business. I know a lot of you have been waiting for new allotments of Opcode games and I have now 60 boxes of assorted games here waiting to be shipped to AtariAge and NWCGE, so hopefully all Opcode titles will be available again soon. Among the boxes are the absolute last 12 SICs. I am out of SIC printed material, so don't expect any more SICs for a while.

Next I need to get my website up and running again. It means fixing all old pages and setting up new pages for new projects. During the last few months I started to program for the MSX again, and I hope to share a few CV projects with the MSX users, just like I did with some MSX games and the CV.

Then I need to contact contributors and others, reply all thousand emails. I am in debt with a lot of people and have several pending trades. I haven't forget you guys! ;)

I think it's good already to keep me busy for a while...

It's good to be back.

Eduardo

Just curious, but what happened to the project with the module for the Colecovision?

I've gotten behind on all the information on this site the past few months.

To be honest I haven't thought about it for a while. It isn't top priority right now. I still hope to bring it in some form, but probably will narrow down the specs a bit, make it more affordable. Most important, I need to think about games which would benefit from it.

You know, I am not even sure about which game to do next. I need to put Pac-Man Collection out first, no doubt. Then I would go with DK Arcade or maybe an original game I have been planning for years. Or then I would concentrate on that CV Basic with Luc, though I think it would benefit from the module... I don't know.

Eh, I am waiting for an important event in my personal life, which could change a lot of things, including Opcode Games (in a very good way). While I haven't a final position, I probably will stay in stand by mode, and concentrate on games only. But if things go right, then the module would be a step closer to become a reality.

Eduardo

First, hi Manuel! I haven't forgot you. I hope to finally conclude our deal next week. ;)

This post reminded me that I really want to find an NTSC MSX2+ system one of these days. I think it's time to start my search again...

Tempest

I have several MSX2+ machines here. I would be glad to sell you one next year, if I have the chance to meet you in person. ;)

Eduardo

Well hey! Welcome back, stranger! :D

You know, I am not even sure about which game to do next. I need to put Pac-Man Collection out first, no doubt. Then I would go with DK Arcade or maybe an original game I have been planning for years. Or then I would concentrate on that CV Basic with Luc, though I think it would benefit from the module... I don't know.

As far as BasicVision is concerned, you (and others here) might be interested to know that I've been working on it this past week. I'm almost to the point of reaching my second project milestone, but since I'm pretty much doing the software analysis while I'm coding it, I keep changing things around in the code, and the BV language parser alone is turning out to be slightly more complex than anticipated, but very nice nonetheless. I wish I could show my parser to you guys, but there are several uncoded C++ functions that need to be finished before the parser will even compile. So stay tuned. :)

Eh, I am waiting for an important event in my personal life, which could change a lot of things, including Opcode Games (in a very good way). While I haven't a final position, I probably will stay in stand by mode, and concentrate on games only. But if things go right, then the module would be a step closer to become a reality.

I'm surprised the SEM project is still dancing at the back of your head, Eduardo. I thought you had given up on it entirely. But I'm actually glad it's still alive. :)

Among the boxes are the absolute last 12 SICs. I am out of SIC printed material, so don't expect any more SICs for a while.

Forgive my ignorance, but what's a "SIC"?

Don't you know about SIC? How about SJ? Maybe YAKF? Ok, I bet you have heard about PMC! No?.... :D

Space Invaders Collection...

Talk to you tomorrow. I think we have a lot of work ahead. :)

Eduardo

Don't you know about SIC? How about SJ? Maybe YAKF? Ok, I bet you have heard about PMC! No?.... :D

Space Invaders Collection...

Oh! Of course! :roll: And the funniest thing is that I actually own a copy of SIC, box and everything! :D

I'm only missing YAKF and MT, AFAIK, not counting PMC. And speaking of CV game releases, it looks like there won't be any this year at the Midwest Gaming Classic, unless I somehow missed some news...?

Talk to you tomorrow. I think we have a lot of work ahead. :)

Buddy, you don't know the half of it... Heh heh heh... :cool:

Welcome back - the Colecovision scene needs you! Did you know Telegames UK sells your Space Invaders Collection (for $55!) wih Telegames listed as publisher?

Really?! I sold them a batch of SIC cartridges like 2 years ago. I funny part is that they contacted me by mail... I mean, I got a letter from them asking about my games. I still have it here somewhere... :)

BTW, first batch of 30 games shipped. I hope to ship 30 more later this week.

Eduardo

They're talking about the region I believe, if you scroll down to where it says region, you'll see universal listed there.

So I assume if they have a PAL Atari 2600 game for sale, you'd see PAL in the title, etc.

Did Road Fighters ever come out?

Edited by Atariboy

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick note:

I shipped 30 more games two days ago, so there will be plenty of Opcode games available again in a few weeks.

Now I just need to update my website and start replying emails... :)

Eduardo