Photo

Time to plug some leaks

38 replies to this topic

#26 Omegamatrix OFFLINE  

Omegamatrix

Quadrunner

• 6,218 posts

Posted Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:36 PM

Maybe post a picture to help clear up what you are talking about. Oh and welcome to AA. :)

#27 Omegamatrix OFFLINE  

Omegamatrix

Quadrunner

• 6,218 posts

Posted Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:06 AM

Also does it look like one of these?

Pole_Position1.jpg Pole_Position2.jpg

Of special note the Pole Positn* in this photo is PAL but looks the same from what I remember. I have two more NTSC Pole Positn* carts somewhere but I just can't find them.

#28 Rom Hunter OFFLINE  

Rom Hunter

VCS Games Archivist

• 8,951 posts
  • Obtainer of Rare Antiquities

Posted Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:38 AM

Try here:
http://www.atarimani...I-SOFT_LIB.html

If it's not there, contact me.

8)

#29 Christophero Sly OFFLINE  

Christophero Sly

Quadrunner

• 5,000 posts

Posted Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:26 PM

Sorry about, reviving an old topic, but I'd hate to start a new one and create clutter, and this topic seemed to fit what I'm looking for. I've got a question about the Pole Position Misspelling one myself. I have a silver cartridge without the misspelling on it, though the main face picture bears no resemblance to this one:

http://www.atariage....wareLabelID=364

It (the main face label) bears an exact resemblance to this one, albeit with smaller lettering, and without the misspelling on the nametag on the top:

http://www.atariage....wareLabelID=366

Did I pass over another entry for Pole Position, or was one just not created yet? If there needs to be one created, then I'd gladly contribute, I'm just curious if I have some kind of corrected re-print/re-issue or something.

I have this one too. The main label on your cartridge can be found matched with either a "Pole Position" or "Pole Positn" end label. The AA rarity guide doesn't really track minor label variants, so that's probably why there currently is no entry for your cart.

#30 Lunchbox OFFLINE  

Lunchbox

Combat Commando

• 2 posts

Posted Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:42 PM

http://www.atariage....a...st&id=89542

Yeah, see, it's a difficult one to figure out. In this picture, take the "Pole Position" logo on the top (thin) end of the left cartridge, and place it on the cartridge on the right, and that's what it will look like exactly, without any differences in copyright information or anything.

The only thing I can guess is that maybe someone fixed it themselves by switching the labels, but there's really no sign of tampering (i.e. rip marks) and it looks too expertly placed. I've been trying to get an answer on it for a while in different forums, but no such luck. Considering I've got a few of what this site rates as 5's or 6's on your site, so I'm not really willing to toss it out as another common one right away, but I also don't really have my hopes up for it being uncommon in any way. I'll try to get a hold of my camera (it's packed away) and post some pics tomorrow.

#31 Christophero Sly OFFLINE  

Christophero Sly

Quadrunner

• 5,000 posts

Posted Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:06 PM

http://www.atariage....a...st&id=89542

Yeah, see, it's a difficult one to figure out. In this picture, take the "Pole Position" logo on the top (thin) end of the left cartridge, and place it on the cartridge on the right, and that's what it will look like exactly, without any differences in copyright information or anything.

The only thing I can guess is that maybe someone fixed it themselves by switching the labels, but there's really no sign of tampering (i.e. rip marks) and it looks too expertly placed. I've been trying to get an answer on it for a while in different forums, but no such luck. Considering I've got a few of what this site rates as 5's or 6's on your site, so I'm not really willing to toss it out as another common one right away, but I also don't really have my hopes up for it being uncommon in any way. I'll try to get a hold of my camera (it's packed away) and post some pics tomorrow.

I think you missed my post.

Edited by Christophero Sly, Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:06 PM.

#32 shadow460 OFFLINE  

shadow460

Gunslinger

• 16,599 posts
  • *bink* Good Shot

Posted Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:06 AM

A couple of posts in the current 2600 High Score competition have the scanned manual for Adventures of Tron. I have a ton of manuals now, and if they are needed, I'll post 'em here.

#33 the.golden.ax OFFLINE  

the.golden.ax

Quadrunner

• 12,547 posts

Posted Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:56 AM

Are you only fixing up 2600 at this time, or do you want 7800 info as well?

the.golden.ax

#34 23skidoo OFFLINE  

23skidoo

Combat Commando

• 2 posts

Posted Thu May 8, 2008 10:21 PM

Hi,
Some 1988-ish reissues that do not seem to be in the database:

Dig Dug (silver label - 1983)
Posted Image Posted Image

Ms. Pac-Man (silver label - 1988)
Posted Image Posted Image

Mario Bros. (silver label - 1983)
This one says 1988 on the back of the box.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#35 Tweety OFFLINE  

Tweety

Moonsweeper

• 414 posts

Posted Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:14 AM

Missing Box Scan Jaguar. I used imageshack for hosting this picture, I hope there are no problems with it...
Posted Image

#36 shadow460 OFFLINE  

shadow460

Gunslinger

• 16,599 posts
  • *bink* Good Shot

Posted Tue Oct 9, 2012 5:25 PM

I just picked up a color manual for Shootin' Gallery. What resolution and color depth do I need to scan it at?

#37 ubersaurus ONLINE  

ubersaurus

Quadrunner

• 5,316 posts

Posted Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:43 PM

I noticed the guide doesn't seem to have Extra Terrestrials in there (that Canadian game found a few years ago) or Red Sea Crossing.

#38 mutterminder OFFLINE  

mutterminder

Star Raider

• 97 posts

Posted Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:28 PM

If you are going to include Edtris in your rarity guide.  You should also have SoundX.  I got the game at the same time as I got Edtris, from Ed Federmeyer in 1995.

Attached Thumbnails

• SoundX.jpg

#39 Shawn OFFLINE  

Shawn

Stinky Brown

• 18,613 posts

Posted Tue Jan 8, 2019 2:47 AM

Ikari Warriors R1

Motorodeo R1

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg