What's an enterprising young fellow to do?
Why, create his own overlay, of course!
Fonts: Arial Bold, Arial Black, FederationWide
Colors: 7 (See Utopia.zip for a palette)
Resolution: 300 dots per inch
Printing Instructions: The PNG file is a ready-made set of overlays. Just open it in a paint program (Microsoft Paint works fine) and send it to the printer. Note that you may want to use thin card-paper for stiffness if you have it available. Just make sure that it's THIN! If you choose too thick a gauge, the overlay won't fit the controller. If you use regular paper, just be careful about sliding it into the controller. It's very easy to get the corners caught. If you're having trouble, try cutting off a razor-thin slice from the left and right sides. This should help the overlay better fit the controller.
- The original overlay stretched each instance of FederationWide vertically. It looks nice, but I chose not to bother.
- A 30% rounding on the select box seems to coincide with the bottom corners and title box.
- A 6% rounding appears to be correct for the top corners.
- The arrows are made with character U+25BC from the Arial character set. They are then stretched horizontally to 55 pixels wide.
- The PNG contains two overlays. The zip file contains the source GIMP file along with the palette used in creating the overlay.