IGNORED

Games wanted

swapshop1

• 16 years later...

Ha ha, this post cracks me up! 1 post from swapshop1 who has only ever posted that once... back in Dec28th of 2001... to finally get a reply just over 17 years later by someone with 6 posts saying he'd get back in 3 hours...

I've seen resurrecting old threads before, but this is probably the best!

• Like 1

Hey: I have a good collection of .ST files available at https://mega.nz/#F!EUFz1YiK!j864G24rNCq5KeMvAQvoeA

Also Atari 800, 2600, 5200, 7800, Lynx , and Jaguar.......... In can't help it if I have just found this site after getting an Atari 1040 STE and I am getting a disk drive emulator to replace the drive and run all .ST files... lots of good files online plus the program to convert the .ST files to disks (Omniflop 3.02) . I also have 600 720 K floppies including almost all of the original magazine disks on them, my friend was collecting them for YEARS, and just gave the 200 disk collection to me , a real find. Again if anyone want to contact me about original Atari disks or knows how to make a 1.44 dick drive work properly in an STE then please PM me.... Russ

For anyone who knows me from the Atari Portfolio days, I wrote a program called Plotto.zip (Portfolio Lotto 649 Program)...I still have it on my Mega site....

The name is Russ Campbell

Edited by rcamp48

Got the Gotek , it works really good, the Drive 0 jumper is already set for you, the M0 does not have to be set, install the cable for it upside-down, and if you get a USB 2.0 stick with it, DONT LOOSE IT, there is a boot sector on it that runs the Gotek , I have a preconfigured zip file from my USB stick, everything is set into folders, for example the Applications directory has subdirectories of 00A, 00B, etc with just under 300 files per subdirectory (all .ST files).. after you have downloaded (if you wish) the zip file, unzip it to a folder on your PC and copy the entire thing to your root directory of a USB 2.0 flash drive , I have tried USB 3.0 flash drives , they do not boot up.

When you are ready to run for the first time, (I am talking about the Goteks that the seller has already put the boot loader on for you, totally different ball game if this has not happened), hold down both buttons when you turn on the machine and let them go after about 6 seconds. Wait for a screen to appear, shut off the machine and reboot without pushing any buttons. This should bring you into a stripped down version of HXC, and all of your .ST files will be in the following directories: Application ST Files, Game ST Files, Public Domain Game Files, Magazine Image ST Files, and TOS ST Files. Use the arrow up and down keys to navigate, and press enter to enter the subdirectory .... once you have chosen a game disk to load highlight it and press F7 to reboot and run it. After you get tired of the game, if you want to go back to the HXC menu, just reboot and as it is rebooting , press both buttons for only 1 second and you should reboot into HXC. If this fails , reboot and try again until it goes back into the HXC menu. I will let you all know about more advanced stuff when I get back from London , Ontario, going to a Vintage Radio Club and Sale, antique radios, oscilloscopes , frequency generators go for under $20 Can there let you all know what I picked up when I get back.... Russ Campbell

Edited by rcamp48