IGNORED

Score! An st monitor

Well, after a while of hunting around, I managed to pick up an st monitor today I'd had to leave it last week as I was $1 short, and couldn't get it home on the bus, but today I went back and picked it up (for the mere price of $1.50 US).

It's much better than using the tv, for sure

Which monitor did you get? The SC1224 (color) or SM124 (monochrome)? I was always fond of the monochrome monitor due to its high refresh rate and very crisp, easy to read text. And it was awesome running the Macintosh emulator Spectre GCR on it, especially with its higher resolution than Macs at the time.

Of course, a color monitor is more useful for running games and demos.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by Lord Gaiyan:

...and there are 3 different SC1224 models by JVC, Goldstar, and Samsung. There's also SM125 SM144 SC1435 monitors as well.

I've seen (and owned) at least two different style SC1224 monitors, the original (I assume JVC?) and then the Goldstar monitors, which are more square (and nicer looking, IMHO). I didn't know there was a third style as well. And I've never seen an SM125 or SM144.

..Al

I've owned all 3 models of SC1224 and I currently own the Samsung version. JVC is said to be the best quality, Goldstar is the most common one and looks like the SM124, Samsung is a square monitor with the power button on the front-right of the monitor, looking at the front. There was also a PS3000 which was a color monitor and single-sided diskdrive in one unit. It was produced in very limited quantities.

Oh, and there seems to be an Atari SM146 as well. Not to mention the TT mono monitors and the PTC VGA monitor... Wow... that's a bunch...

Joshua.

[ 04-24-2002: Message edited by: Lord Gaiyan ]

quote:

Originally posted by Mitch:

If it's got the round on/off knob on the right side of the monitor it's a Goldstar.

If it has a rhombas shaped on/off button it's a Samsung. If it has a rectangular on/off button it's a JVC.

Mitch

Mitch: Thanks, Goldstar it is. I've always disliked the fact that the power button is part of the volume control as you have to adjust the volume every time you turn the damn thing on. Oh well, I should just be very gratefull the ol' baby still works.

Joshua: good score, a 1040 and monitor for $6.99 (about the price of a couple of Timmy's)! Tell us about it.

as always,

Markimus of K.

[ 04-30-2002: Message edited by: Markimus of K. ]

Well, I got the 1040STF and SC1224 from a local Value Village. My God, they were so filthy and dirty I didn't want to buy them at first. But I did and brought them home with me and spent a couple of hours cleaning them. I made an RGB adapter for the SC1224 and my Jaguar. The picture is unbelievable. I was wrong about hooking VCRs or any other composite stuff on a SC1224. It will only do RGB.

Joshua.

quote:

Originally posted by Lord Gaiyan:

Well, I got the 1040STF and SC1224 from a local Value Village. My God, they were so filthy and dirty I didn't want to buy them at first. But I did and brought them home with me and spent a couple of hours cleaning them. I made an RGB adapter for the SC1224 and my Jaguar. The picture is unbelievable. I was wrong about hooking VCRs or any other composite stuff on a SC1224. It will only do RGB.

Joshua.

I've picked up a few 'filthy' looking systems and spent a lot of time cleaning them. It's very rewarding to take something in absolutely neglected condition, do some work and say "it is now mint!".

How hard was it to build the cable to hook up the Jag to the SC1224? I'd be happy to cover your costs and labour if you want to build me one. email me @ mkush@idirect.com if that sounds like a plan.

Markimus if K.