IGNORED

7800 Missing in Action

jpfalcon2003

I am relatively new to collecting...just started within the last year and am missing 3 titles from the full Atari 7800 collection. Last year, I picked up a few homebrew games..just to get my feet wet, not really a big deal to me. I was scrolling through all the different threads and came across this one.

Here is my copy of MIA. Not sure of the rarity in 2012, but figured I would try and post a pic. Not sure how to post pics..so, hopefully I do this right.

Nope, can't see your pics. "No Permission"

I am relatively new to collecting...just started within the last year and am missing 3 titles from the full Atari 7800 collection. Last year, I picked up a few homebrew games..just to get my feet wet, not really a big deal to me. I was scrolling through all the different threads and came across this one.

Here is my copy of MIA. Not sure of the rarity in 2012, but figured I would try and post a pic. Not sure how to post pics..so, hopefully I do this right.

That's a reproduction of an unfinished prototype and it was made in the last 5 years. As for rarity the guy who started the thread below will make a reproduction for people who PM him.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/107756-missing-in-action/

Oh and welcome to Atari Age. If you found that M.I.A. cartridge in the wild that's still pretty cool.

That's a reproduction of an unfinished prototype and it was made in the last 5 years. As for rarity the guy who started the thread below will make a reproduction for people who PM him.

http://www.atariage....sing-in-action/

Oh and welcome to Atari Age. If you found that M.I.A. cartridge in the wild that's still pretty cool.

Thanks for the welcome and I'm happy to have the reproduction...its a cool game. Appreciate the info also...I may have actually dealt with Mitch via Ebay...it was awhile back and didnt really catch the name. The seller was way cool and a blew me away with info and games. Looking forward to continuing collecting.

I recently finally got sirius and plutos. I also purchased Missing in Action from the same person. Unfortunatly the M.I.A cart didn't work. I sent it back to him and he hasn't responded to me since. I'm dissapointed........purhaps if this guy doesn't. Send me back a WORKING cart of M.I.A, maybe someone else will make me a cart. Can anyone help me aquire a cart of M.I.A please?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Anyone know what these go for now? I've got one of the original numbered cartridges that I want to sell but I can't find a decent price for it.

Just paid $25 shipped for mine. #27 to be exact. So I guess they're worth about $25. Even all these years later… :)

Cool game! Wasn't aware it was "finished" either. Not all glitchy with bad enemy graphics like you see on YouTube. The AA site doesn't mention by who or when it was tweaked, unlike some of the other recent prototypes such as Sirius/Plutos, so was pleasantly surprised by this copy. :love:

-edit-

Guess the screenshots listed on your site match up with what I'm seeing on real hardware. People's YouTube vids must be shot using emulators - which probably explains the glitchyness.

Just paid $25 shipped for mine. #27 to be exact. So I guess they're worth about $25. Even all these years later… :)

Cool game! Wasn't aware it was "finished" either. Not all glitchy with bad enemy graphics like you see on YouTube. The AA site doesn't mention by who or when it was tweaked, unlike some of the other recent prototypes such as Sirius/Plutos, so was pleasantly surprised by this copy. :love:

-edit-

Guess the screenshots listed on your site match up with what I'm seeing on real hardware. People's YouTube vids must be shot using emulators - which probably explains the glitchyness.

That's col. Where id u get ur copy at. I would want one for that price. Thanks

-edit-

Wait, what? Someone fixed the collision detection?

I think he is referring to the fact that MIA plays badly in 7800 emus. It is fairly playable on a real 7800 but the last couple of levels still have the same issues.
Nothing has been fixed in that regard.

Mitch