IGNORED

Atari 2600 Prototypes For Sale

Tempest

I'll leave it up to the buyer to decide if he wants to tell how much he spent.

What you don't see in those photos are the prototypes that are EPROM board only. There's at least another board full of prototypes that I didn't put up due to lack of room.

Tempest

I really wanted to take a crack at A Team and DD Speedboat but I'm kind of on a buying freeze right now from expensive stuff, I blew too much on Coin-op's......bad timing. Oh Well :)

Cassidy has an A-Team proto (he had it on display at the show), but I don't know what it would take for him to part with it. It's also an earlier version than mine was.

Tempest

I really wanted to take a crack at A Team and DD Speedboat but I'm kind of on a buying freeze right now from expensive stuff, I blew too much on Coin-op's......bad timing. Oh Well :)

Cassidy has an A-Team proto (he had it on display at the show), but I don't know what it would take for him to part with it. It's also an earlier version than mine was.

Tempest

Thanks for the tip, I passed on one in a loaner cart on 2600.com a few years back for like $120 and I've been kicking myself ever since. Even if it probably was a real early version....damn. I guess proto's didn't interest me at the time, what was I thinking :?

Tempest

Thanks for the tip, I passed on one in a loaner cart on 2600.com a few years back for like $120 and I've been kicking myself ever since. Even if it probably was a real early version....damn. I guess proto's didn't interest me at the time, what was I thinking :?

Wow, that would have been a good deal. I think I paid $300 for mine about 3 or 4 years back. Then again, it was a different version.

Tempest

Now I'm really confused... I thought that the list at the beginning of this thread was ALL the 2600 protos that Tempest owned? Did I make that up in my own head or was Tempest only getting rid of 2600 protos he wanted to sell to make room for 'concentrating on 5200 protos"? Just curious...

I have sold ALL my 2600 prototypes. What I meant was that in those pictures you only see the protos with cases on the boards, and that I didn't put out my EPROM board only protos due to lack of room.

I have no more 2600 protos (other than the infamous Meltdown proto that is).

Tempest

You know what, I see now, some of the carts in the pics are Atari 5200 games, they look like the Atari 2600 protos (they used the same labels) but they are not. Look closely as the Atari 5200 carts are sideways.

All the protos on the right board are 5200, and most of the protos on the left board are 2600 with a few 8-bit, 7800, Vic-20, and 5200 protos thrown in.

Tempest