IGNORED

HSC Season 4 Week 27: Miner 2049er

Ze_ro

Great score, 5th Ghost!

Well, I just cracked level 3.

That's good enough for me.

The responses of this Bounty Bob are way too slow.

My thoughts are light years ahead of his movements.

Let's leave these mines and find some daylight again.

I have the feeling it's the year 2049 indeed...

Thanks Rom Hunter :)

The slow movement is what I had to learn to use to my advantage. Listening to the sounds of his steps helped me to better time my jumps.

Here's another trick that I often use which comes in super handy after the 3rd board when you cannot eliminate the Mutants...

First: Your jump clears 3 "blocks"

You can use this knowledge to space yourself from a problem block guarded by a Mutant. So, position yourself 4 spaces from the desired block, wait for the Mutant to step past from it (walking away from you) Then jump forward (don't let go of the fire button!) and pull back. Basically you hop forward and then back, filling in the "problem block" and then jumping back to safety :cool:

The rest of the blocks close to the Mutant are easy to get.

Here's the secret to the 3rd stage of Round 2:

The left side is easy, it's the right side that is tricky (until you know this trick)

The problem with the right side is that the Mutants closely guard the chutes, so walking into the chute is dicey at best. What you need to do is to JUMP into the chute. To do this, you have to first clear each block (you'll have to jump the Mutant twice to accomplish this.)

First, clear every block up to the left side block inside the chute. Then JUMP the mutant landing on the far right side of the screen. Turn back and clear the final three blocks but stop exactly on the right block inside the chute. Quickly jump over the mutant again!

You end up on the far left side of the chute (where the Muntant doesn't reach) From here, simply take "half-step" left, not a full step to the next block, and then time your jump back towards the chute just as the mutant clears it going right. You'll land directly in the center of the chute and down you go to safety!

Once you master this, you're on your way :)

Edited by the 5th ghost

Well, that's the end of this week's competition. Congratulations to everyone on their high scores, especially the 5th ghost who once again proved that he obviously has super powers ;) Good to see lots of strategy being passed around this week too :)

--Zero