IGNORED

Have you ever lost sleep because you couldn't stop playing a game?

Rhindle The Red

Have you ever lost sleep because you couldn't stop playing a game?  

298 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever lost sleep because you couldn't stop playing a game?

• Never.
    • On occasion.
    • All the time.
    • What's this thing called sleep you speak of?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Did you ever find a game so engrossing that you either forgot to go to sleep or couldn't tear yourself away? It happened to me with the original Paper Mario and I can still get sucked into sessions of puzzle games that make me lose all sense of time.

How about you? If it's happened many times, which one was the worst (best) case?

• Like 1

Absolutely

Usually it will happen with the 'I'll just finish this level' type of thought, and then I find out the next level is the game end so while I should be going to bed, I wind up playing on anyhow. And with certain games like Civilization, the king of just one.. more.. turn.. - it can get really bad :cool:

Some games I just couldn't stop playing until I finished. Half Life 1+2 being prime examples.

And every so often, some game will completely take over the need to sleep, go to the bathroom regularly, or eat properly. The GF thought I was going to die while playing Diablo online for nearly three weeks straight. :lol:

I never lost sleep over 8 bit games. I didn't have my own computer until I was a junior in high school and I only had a couple games anyway. Besides, I was so busy with school activities I didn't have time. I did lose sleep programming every now and then.

In college I met up with some guys that produced software and ended up being a partner in a company that developed stuff for the Amiga. One of the guys had an Amiga dealership and we'd stay after hours and play games once in a while. In spite of owning an Amiga myself I never really played games on it much. I think Shadow of the Beast was the only one I ever bought.

Tomb Raider was probably the first game I owned myself that I lost sleep over. Since then I'd say Warcraft III and Half Life 2 are the only other's I couldn't quit playing.

i lost a whole nights sleep playing Final Fight and Street Fighter II over and over at a friends house back in the day. it was a good night ;)

still one of the biggest final fight fans around....they need to make more 2D final fights

HAGGAR MUST RETURN TO METRO CITY TO KICK ASS :x

Yes. Back in the day (Feb. 1995 or so,) one of my old friends had a "Just Men" sleepover, for his birthday. He had a lot of NES games, and more Genesis games than I could have ever hoped to own, at the time.

He also had SNES Mortal Kombat II. Being the immature 11-year-olds that we were, we thought it was so f***in' cool to see Kung Lao bisect his victim down the middle, with his hat. My personal favorite was/is Mileena -- sucking up the loser, and spitting out his/her bones.

Needless to say, we stayed up all night playing that, as well as countless Nintendo games. (I thought it was a real treat, as we didn't own a NES or Genesis.) And it was there that I got my first taste of "Jewel Master" (Genesis) and "Blaster Master."

Come to think of it, I haven't talked to the guy in years... I'm gonna look him up now!

Everquest - i lost just more than sleep i lost a couple of years off my life

once i was up for 42 hours straight playing after that i didnt play for a few days and it took another 4 months to stop completely

and

Warcraft 2 on the Saturn - i went to work with little or no sleep after starting this game

and going way back there was

Vanguard on the 2600 - playing late into the night on a school day with the volume turned down and a towel under the door to keep the light of the TV in

a few times , worst I can remember was playing a megadrive(genesis) rpg called rings of power - I'd rented it for a few nights and ended up playing it solidly for about 48 hours.I've played it since and it wasnt even that good!.

I've had a few late nights playing WoW as well.

Ok, let's break it down to the games of my life (and the sleep lost)...

1978-Space Invaders/Asteriods (Atari 2600)

1979/1980-Star Raiders (Atari 400)

early 80's Joust/Archon/Wizard of Wor/Wolfenstein (Atari 400)

Late 80's Cap'n Magneto (Macintosh) B/W

early 90's Arkanoid (Macintosh) B/W

Mid 90's Rescue (Star Trek game) (Macintosh) Color

Late 90's Tempest 2000, Bubsy, Doom (Atari Jaguar)

early to mid naughties ... All of the above. ;)