IGNORED

Contest feeler: Web design!

batari

I bought http://www.bataribasic.com to serve as the new home for my Atari 2600 compiler. Al has graciously offered to host the site :thumbsup: The new site currently redirects to the old site, which is long overdue for an update. The site will contain downloads, such as the latest stable and unstable releases, binaries, source code, docs, and links to other sites that have batari Basic content.

Since I don't have a great sense of style, I thought that the web designers out there might want to compete for a prize! The prize would be a free cart and you'd be credited, of course.

Before I start any official contest, I wonder if this idea is ill-conceived. My thinking is that the design will involve putting together a good CSS, and implementing a nice, navigable site layout. The web designer wouldn't need to maintain the site - I'd do that, so ideally I'd like a layout skeleton that I can add content to and maintain without too much trouble.

So I'm looking for a few things here. I'd like to know if there is any interest in such a contest, and if so, some suggestions as to how this idea could be turned into a successful contest.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought http://www.bataribasic.com to serve as the new home for my Atari 2600 compiler. Al has graciously offered to host the site :thumbsup: The new site currently redirects to the old site, which is long overdue for an update. The site will contain downloads, such as the latest stable and unstable releases, binaries, source code, docs, and links to other sites that have batari Basic content.

Since I don't have a great sense of style, I thought that the web designers out there might want to compete for a prize! The prize would be a free cart and you'd be credited, of course.

Before I start any official contest, I wonder if this idea is ill-conceived. My thinking is that the design will involve putting together a good CSS, and implementing a nice, navigable site layout. The web designer wouldn't need to maintain the site - I'd do that, so ideally I'd like a layout skeleton that I can add content to and maintain without too much trouble.

So I'm looking for a few things here. I'd like to know if there is any interest in such a contest, and if so, some suggestions as to how this idea could be turned into a successful contest.

I actually think this is a superb idea. I know there are a few pros that are on this forum and some people that are just hobbyists. The only problem I see with it is the time it would take. Other than that, anything is possible!

Good luck!

I agree with JellE-- this is a great idea! But I don't really have a great sense of style, either. As far as my own tastes are concerned, I prefer web sites that are relatively simple, focusing on content, function, utility, and organization. Give me a lot of helpful and relevant information, present it in a way that's easy to read, easy to navigate, and easy to search, and I'm happy!

Michael